Adjustable Rear Wheel Width?

GSPKurt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L3301 HST, LP 2072 Cutter, 55" Root Rake/Grapple, Stump Bucket
Jul 3, 2018
Trenton, FL.
www.flaguns.com
I read somewhere the rear axle can be slid in/out to decrease/increase track width? Is this feature on all models? Did I misunderstand this?:confused:

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
I think you may have misunderstood. There are several different ways of configuring the wheels to give different track widths. For example, the centre dish can be attached to the inside of the rim; the centre dish can be turned out and then attached to the rim.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
It wouldn't be practical to slide the axles in and out to change track width. Some tractors have hubs that can be slid in and out on the axle to adjust the width. I haven't seen this on a Kubota; I suppose that doesn't mean that they never made one, but it's generally for row crop tractors. You can adjust the width by flipping the dish of the rim as mentioned previously, they make spacers for some models, and some of them with 2 piece rims can have the outer rim swapped from side to side to change the width.

K.P.

Equipment
B7300, LA272 FEL, B2650, 8160 Ballast, G2460G Mower, Danuser 20/40, Woods RB60
Aug 11, 2010
Cary, IL
My B7300 has three holes on each side of the rear axle that the hub pins go through. It allows for adjusting the hub width. I've never moved the hub from the second hole it's always been mounted in but I did reverse the wheels (swapped right and left rears and fronts) so the stance would be a little wider with the R1's I have on now. That may change when I install the R3's I just got.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
I can't speak to the L-series, but all three of my B-series tractors have multiple positions where the hub can be placed on the axle. Then one can also vary the width by mounting the wheels with the wheel dish inward or outward. The net effect is a fairly broad range of track widths from the same tires.

Exercise caution when making changes and always consult the manual for supported configurations. Get the wheels too far out and something will break.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Some of the largest Kubota tractors (think M7 series, over 100HP) have axles that stick out and the wheel width can be moved (slid) along the axle to different positions. The purpose is for row crow farming to set the wheel width to the appropriate row size. Alternately, this type of axle allows for dual rear wheels. None of the smaller tractors have this feature, but the wheels can be set to different positions.

I just had the dealer set my wheels out to the widest position on my MX4800 today. Gained 6" of wheel width.