Adapting Kubota quick change to SSQA on pallet forks

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
For you fab wizards out there, I've got pallet forks that were made for the Kubota quick change on my 2001 L3010. With my new M5140 I've got the SSQA system. I'm selling the older tractor and most of the attachments for it, but would like to keep and use the old forks as a new set would be $600 + (?) and I can't justify that cost for no more than I use them.

Would it be worth making some sort of connectors so I can use it on the new tractor? I know some great fab folks, but would like you guys opinion on whether it might be worth it.

Many Thanks!

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
Usually one buys a $125 ssqa plate and just weld it on. Perhaps cutting off protrusions so the plate mount is logical.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'll second that!
Cut off the mounts on it now and weld on the SSQA plate.
Much better option than any adapter because it will keep it closer.;)

aeblank

Jun 19, 2013
Cadillac, MI
Yup.

Kennyd, not sure what it would cost to sell and buy another but would guess $300 or so.
That's certainly an option. By the time you buy a plate, ship it, get it welded, pain it up, etc. you're in for a couple hundred anyway. My dealer sells a set of Walco 42" tine forks (SSQA naturally) for $540. I see used forks on CL all the time for more than that.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
I found a plate on Amazon (from Titan Distributors) for $144 shipped. They're 5/16" plate and 3/8" top bar. Will take a look at the forks tomorrow to see what needs to be cut to weld it on. I'm guessing the forks are between 300-400 lbs so are pretty heavy duty. I'd like to keep them.
Thanks guys!