Acute Appendicitis

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Friday I was hurting in my lower gut so a Dr. visit resulted in a CT scan. The scan revealed Acute Appendicitis so I spent Friday night in ER being pumped full of antibiotics and emergency surgery was ordered for Saturday morning. Everything went well and I am back at home now, sore and slow walking. No duty for two weeks and then limited duty for a couple more weeks.
Argh! Well maybe you can kill some time searching for new recipes to try. When is it crayfish season?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Friday I was hurting in my lower gut so a Dr. visit resulted in a CT scan. The scan revealed Acute Appendicitis so I spent Friday night in ER being pumped full of antibiotics and emergency surgery was ordered for Saturday morning. Everything went well and I am back at home now, sore and slow walking. No duty for two weeks and then limited duty for a couple more weeks.
Well Im glad you checked it out really quickly.... I wound up 6 weeks in ICU and another 8 in rehab,. SUcks when you hurt and wake up 5 days later with O2 mask IVs in both arms, cathed and a freekin bag on your belly.. Im happy your home and well brother

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Thanks folks. Da old man is still kickin' and I can tell the difference from yesterday to today. Much improved.

Stuff like this is routine and normal and really unimportant until is happens to you.

Reactions: 1 users

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
As others have said take it easy and let your body heal. I have been without mine since I was 10. They opened you up pretty good back in the 60's and 70's as I have quite the scar from mine:p. They can do so much through small incisions these days! Get well soon!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
take care of your body. You only get one. And I'm NOT the one to be preaching about it....day after some heart troubles I was in the shop, working, against dr orders. I can't stand to stay inactive.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I am 8 days post surgery and past the soreness issues but I am using this as an excuse to postpone sawmilling for another week.

My return visit with the surgeon is next week the 24th.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Good to know that you caught it in time. I lost mine when they did my colon cancer surgery, and I remember it being a very tough surgery to go through. Keep on moving because you will get better sooner when you are active. Best of luck for a speedy recovery

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
The Dr. said "no activity for two weeks and then limited activity for the next two weeks". Sooo, my Son asked me today "what part of no did I not understand"? I was setting the sawmill up to saw and got caught. Well I made some promises and when he left, I finished the setup and sawed a bit.
IMG_3456.JPG

Nothing really exciting, twenty 2X6's and thirty 1X6's all 12'. Smelling the sawdust made it OK.

My Son called me at noon asking whether I finished the sawing? What? I had told him that I wasn't but we both knew that I was. I had a helper lined up who did the lifting.

The fact is that all of the soreness is gone but I still am not gonna lift anything. I go for my follow-up with the surgeon on the 24th.