5.6 hours...

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Is how long my new B2650 lasted before trouble reared it’s head...

20 minutes after the dealer closed. On a Friday...

I’ve got a grapple, with the associated 3rd function kit installed by the dealer. I noticed that the loader lift and drop was super slow, as well as the grapple hydraulic operation. Since the dump/curl functions still worked fine, I was sure that it was a flow restriction on something...

Found it. Twice.

The hydraulic lines that are routed up the side of the loader rear support from the valve were able to hang right over the top of the pivot joint. When I’d drop the loader fully, it would stretch the bajeezus out of the lines that were not properly secured to the side of the loader frame.

On the other end, the hydraulic lines from the grapple to the front of the loader are either too long, or not routed correctly to prevent the lines from getting pinched under the left tilt cylinder. That pair of hoses is chafed you the point that the braided steel portion of the hose is exposed and damaged.

I’ve got it all doctored up with about a half dozen zip ties. Awesome. Just what a fella should have to do on a brand new $20K+ machine.

Needless to say, I’ll reach out to the dealer tomorrow. They’ve been fantastic to work with so far, and I’ve heard great things about their service department. I’m positive the outcome will be favorable, so I am not bashing them. It is, however, pretty frustrating that a dealer installed component was not done correctly. A coworker has the same machine, and his lines are different on the front, and adequately contained at the rear. Tough to excuse laziness...

My guess is that a service truck with four new lines and an appropriate containment bracket will be showing up at my place early next week to fix it, as I’m not interested in relying on zip ties to hold this thing together... More to follow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
I wouldn’t use those lines in that condition. A ruptured hydraulic line can mess you up BAD in a variety of different ways. Just a pinhole spray will penetrate skin and requires immediate emergency surgery.

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Just spoke with service guy. They’ll be out on Monday to get me dialed in. I don’t imagine I’ll have more issues. Other than the line routing, everything else looks really good.