3rd function hydraulics recommendation needed

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
I purchased and installed the WR Long. It is easy to install and operate.

SAITCHO

Equipment
B26,Tajfun logging winch,Box scraper, Log grapple
Sep 5, 2016
Canada
If you have rear remotes on your tractor you can use that instead. You can plug directly in the quick connect and run lines to the front or if you want a cleaner setup you can install tees and run lines from there. The main drawbacks from that setup is you obviously wont be able to use that rear remote at same time as the grapple and the lever to activate your grapple wont be on the main joystick. Two things I can live with.

jkulis

Nov 30, 2017
solon, ohio, USA
www.kastaway.com
If you have rear remotes on your tractor you can use that instead. You can plug directly in the quick connect and run lines to the front or if you want a cleaner setup you can install tees and run lines from there. The main drawbacks from that setup is you obviously wont be able to use that rear remote at same time as the grapple and the lever to activate your grapple wont be on the main joystick. Two things I can live with.
I have a backhoe on the unite. But what would control the jaws of the grapple?

SAITCHO

Equipment
B26,Tajfun logging winch,Box scraper, Log grapple
Sep 5, 2016
Canada
Do you have rear remotes on the tractor? Rear remotes and a backhoe are two different things.They are usually used to power rear implements that need hydraulics like a snowblower or some rear blades. If you don't have any of these installed you will need to look for a true third function kit or a diverter valve setup.

Last edited:

ItsBill

Equipment
L35, RTV1140, M7060HDC12
Dec 16, 2018
Citronelle Al
I have an l35 TLB and want to do same thing. I think the easiest would be get a set of quick connects, aftermarket open center loader valve and hoses that plug into the backhoe connections. You wont be using the grapple and backhoe simultaneously but swapping them out when you wanted one or other could be tedious. Get fancy and put tee in return and a diverter in supply side so a push pull change from backhoe to grapple.

kenmac

Equipment
B26 with hyd. thumb and 4 in 1 loader bucket and EA Grapple, but not the wicked
Dec 14, 2015
Pell City, Al.
I got my dealer o install 3rd function valve at purchase of my B26. I assume it's Kubota stuff. It works really well. Also got a hydraulic thumb on hoe bucket. Best money you can spend in mu opinion. Tractor is so much more versatile with these accessories. Got a 4 in 1 bucket as well, but it's not on tractor very much. SSQA is the only way to go.:):):)

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Want to ad hydraulics to the front of my L45 Kubota. What kit would be the best. Also want to add a grapple for brush and smaller trees.
The Kubota OEM third function valve packages for most models are clean and work well but are expensive.

Aftermarket kits are available for some models but I am not familiar with these.

SDT

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Exactly what I did with both my M's. I have triple remote valves on the back of each. 2 detent valves and one non detent and I use the non detent valve. I ran hydraulic lines with Pioneer male ends (Kubota uses Pioneer style QD's) from the back up to the FEL loader valve and fabbed up a bracket to carry 2 QD female couplers next to the loader control valve and then ran hydraulic lines through the wear sleeve and up to the front cross tube on the FEL where I terminated them in another set of Pioneer QD's.

That way if I want to dismount the loader from the tractor, I can disconnect the lines and remove the entire loader (never have) but did it just in case. I welded up another bracket to carry the QD fittings on the cross tube. I run a WR Long bale accumulator, a 10 foot power angle snowplow and a log splitter off the front hydraulic ports. I think the total cost with all the fittings and hose was about 300 bucks and my time.

Nice thing is, if I'm not using the front hydraulics, I can pop the males out of the control valve and then I have 3 remotes to use for rear mount hay tools.

Jblac197

Equipment
L3800, bush hog, tiller snowblower
Aug 21, 2018
Hibbing
Want to ad hydraulics to the front of my L45 Kubota. What kit would be the best. Also want to add a grapple for brush and smaller trees.
I purchased my 3rd function kit from everything attachments. My tractors a kubota L3800. If you go through them mske sure to call and have your tractor/loader model # handy because they have tractor specific kits. Very easy to install but a little pricy. Think it was just under $800 for everything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
I just bought mine from everything attachments. Its the WR Long brand kit.
Haven't installed it yet but it looks like good quality. I don't anticipate any problems.