3PT Hitch tilt

MacDaemon

Equipment
MX5200
Dec 16, 2013
Houston, Texas
I'm very new to the tracer scene and I've had my L3200 for 3 month now.

When I bought it I had the dealer install the hydraulics to tilt my box blade and other attachments. The problem is I keep having to adjust the angle especially when I'm using my brush hog. I end up dragging the hydraulic side if I don't monitor it - adjusting around 2-4 times per hour. The dealer is indicating this is normal like the drift seen overnight on the loader (if left above the ground) I would have thought it would be much less when operating. I was considering adding a hydraulic top link but with so much drift I'm actually thinking of having the whole setup removed.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Paul

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
That much leak-down is unacceptable. There is something wrong with the cylinder or with the controls. It should take days to leak down just a little bit.

Since the tractor is new and under warranty, the dealer is going to have to make this issue good. This is especially true if it is the Kubota brand tilt system. Aftermarket should have some protection, also.

It is the same with the top link. I have a top & tilt and even with heavy ballast on it there is virtually no leak down over weeks of barn storage.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Sounds like you have either a bad cylinder or a bad valve that is leaking by. I would contact your dealer about it and make them stand behind it.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Do this test to find out where the problem is. With the implement on the ground, disconnect the side link hoses and mark how far out the cylinder is extended. Raise the implement. Check the rod in 10-15 minutes, what the change is will tell you if the cylinder is bad or if the control valve is bad. To me, 1/4" per hour is acceptable, anything more and something needs to be replaced.

My bet is that it is the valve, but do the test and see for yourself. ;)

MacDaemon

Equipment
MX5200
Dec 16, 2013
Houston, Texas
Thanks everyone for the suggestions, my dealer has indicated a new cylinder is on order. In the meantime I'll try the test that was suggested.

Thanks again!

Paul