3130 quits running

MikeMarshall

Equipment
Jan 12, 2015
Big Lake Twp., Maine
I have a 3130 bought new in 2006. Last year I had a log roll down my bucket arms and smash the dash. I had the dealer replace the dash and the tractor runs great. However now the tractor will just quit running from time to time for no apparent reason. I believe I can hear the solenoid switch on the fuel injectors clicking so I replaced the solenoid switch but the tractor still quits after running a while. I also checked the seat safety switch and I have it defeated with a stiff wire tie. It may quit when I am on or off the tractor at different intervals. It may run for days without quitting and then quit 4 times in one day. It will not start right up. I have to wait about 10 minuets and then it will start right up and run great for a while until it abruptly quits running.

MikeMarshall

Equipment
Jan 12, 2015
Big Lake Twp., Maine
Thanks for the reply. I think maybe you are right and one of the relays behind the dash might be faulty but I don't know which one. I just twitched out 10 spruce trees from my woodlot on my back 40 and the tractor ran great the whole morning. I will see how how things go after lunch. Snowing in Maine. Mike

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Mike,
I sent you a private message (top right) to a link for the WSM for your tractor, it's got all the wiring diagrams and relay locations for you to find it.;)