3 pt. lift height?

momark

Equipment
M5660 SUHD
May 14, 2017
Arnold, MO USA
Hello all, I recently purchased an M5660 and it seems to me the tpl doesn't raise as high as it should. I have a 63 ford 4000 and it seems to raise almost twice as high as the Kubota. I don't know if this is normal for the Kubota or not. I already have the top link attachment in the lowest hole. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Could be that the feed back linkage is out of adjustment.
A couple of pictures would help a lot. ;)

momark

Equipment
M5660 SUHD
May 14, 2017
Arnold, MO USA
Sorry, won't see the tractor again till Saturday. Do you think it would be out of adjustment from the factory?
Maybe I should run by the dealer and have them show me how high one of theirs goes to compare to.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Certainly, run by your dealer and explain what you've stated here. He can probably coach you through what needs adjusted.

whirly

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100HST
Dec 16, 2016
Pepeekeo, HI
Hello all, I recently purchased an M5660 and it seems to me the tpl doesn't raise as high as it should. I have a 63 ford 4000 and it seems to raise almost twice as high as the Kubota. I don't know if this is normal for the Kubota or not. I already have the top link attachment in the lowest hole. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks, Mark
I wouldn't be surprised if the comparison is correct. I have a '59 Fordson Power Major also and the Lift Arms are almost 6" longer on the Fordson than my MX5100. I put all of my implements on dollies and had to get smaller wheels for them all. In addition, I have to disconnect the top link on my subsoiler and flip on its back to transport it as it is only 1" off the ground when the top link is attached.

Last edited:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

Thanks, Mark
Mark,

on the lower arms....
is there ONE set of holes or two?
Some lower arms have multi sets of holes, the ones closer to the ground or closer to the tractor will allow a little more lift.

Attachments

Ridger

Equipment
L3940 HST
Nov 26, 2014
North LA
I'm curious as to what you find out as well. I have a Ford 3600 and a Kubota L3940. As far as lifting ability, the Kubota lifts every implement I have just fine. However, what I found out is that some of my PTO driven implements operate better on my Ford. For example, my post hole auger. To get maximum lift on the Kubota, the top link needs to be in the lower hole where it connects to the tractor. The problem I have is when lowering the auger while operating, the top link hits the PTO guard and prevents the auger from going all the way down. Since the Ford does not have a PTO guard, I do not have that problem. The PTO guard also gets in the way when I connect my rotary cutter to the Kubota. The PTO shaft on my cutter connects to the PTO shaft on the tractor with a "twist/lock" type connection (twist the connector, slide on PTO shaft, and release the connector). The problem I have is trying to get my big hands inside the PTO guard to twist the connector. Again, it is just easier on the Ford. But as far as lifting ability, the Kubota has no problem lifting the implements.

momark

Equipment
M5660 SUHD
May 14, 2017
Arnold, MO USA
Mark,

on the lower arms....
is there ONE set of holes or two?
Some lower arms have multi sets of holes, the ones closer to the ground or closer to the tractor will allow a little more lift.
Not sure about holes on the lift arms, will have to check that out. Thanks.

momark

Equipment
M5660 SUHD
May 14, 2017
Arnold, MO USA
I'm curious as to what you find out as well. I have a Ford 3600 and a Kubota L3940. As far as lifting ability, the Kubota lifts every implement I have just fine. However, what I found out is that some of my PTO driven implements operate better on my Ford. For example, my post hole auger. To get maximum lift on the Kubota, the top link needs to be in the lower hole where it connects to the tractor. The problem I have is when lowering the auger while operating, the top link hits the PTO guard and prevents the auger from going all the way down. Since the Ford does not have a PTO guard, I do not have that problem. The PTO guard also gets in the way when I connect my rotary cutter to the Kubota. The PTO shaft on my cutter connects to the PTO shaft on the tractor with a "twist/lock" type connection (twist the connector, slide on PTO shaft, and release the connector). The problem I have is trying to get my big hands inside the PTO guard to twist the connector. Again, it is just easier on the Ford. But as far as lifting ability, the Kubota has no problem lifting the implements.
I agree, my Kubota lifts the implements up ok, just not near as high as the Ford. I do have them in the lowest hole already where the top link connects.
I've also experienced the same thing with the pto shield, just makes it harder to work on attaching/detaching pto driven implements. Thinking about taking it off. While I do like the new Kubota, there are definitely some things I like better about the old Ford ('63 4000).

momark

Equipment
M5660 SUHD
May 14, 2017
Arnold, MO USA
I hope to get by the dealer sometime next week while on vacation to see what I can find out. May just be the nature of the beast.

Myb3350

Equipment
B3350 JD430 Moline BG and BF
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
I had the same problem on my M5040, dealer showed me how to adjust the feedback linkage to get it to lift higher, no problem easy adjustment, just be careful and not exceed the travel limits

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I too have had a problem with the PTO guard. It has been bent 3 times and I flattened it back out, finally took it off. I have always had trouble hooking up and disconnecting from the PTO with it on, now easier to grab the shaft and hook up and take off.