3 Pt. Lift arm height

bransdad

Jun 16, 2013
NC
I have a M6800 and the 3 point lift arms want raise high enough. With most or all the attachments I use they are touching the ground at full lift height. I have adjusted all the length at the bottom of the arms (threaded part). Is there any other adjustments to help with the height?

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
My M7040 has an adjustment rod that changes the height the 3PH goes into relief. Yours may have something similar.

The lever is on the top of one of the lift arms where it rotates around the main arm shaft.

(I'd post a photo but OTT only uploads itty-bitty pictures.)

Barquester

Equipment
L 4600 tractor
Jun 16, 2013
Council Hill, Ok, USA
It must be who you know. OK, I got it. A BMP file is what I was trying to upload. Switched it to JPG.[/QUOTE]

Thumbnails are not much help. I have a message off to Number9 to see if he will tell how he did it, if I get the info I'll pass it on to you.

Barquester

Equipment
L 4600 tractor
Jun 16, 2013
Council Hill, Ok, USA
I have a M6800 and the 3 point lift arms want raise high enough. With most or all the attachments I use they are touching the ground at full lift height. I have adjusted all the length at the bottom of the arms (threaded part). Is there any other adjustments to help with the height?
Apparently the way to get big pictures is to get a membership to Photobucket (free), upload the photo to your box and post the URL in the appropriate box on the message. Hope this helps everyone.

rparkinson

Aug 23, 2012
Northport Maine
did that do it? I have a L3200 with the same problem. If I did ot have a topntilt my york rake would only be an inch off the ground at full lift. I have to run my top link all the way in for any clearance.

rednecklimo85

Equipment
78 B6100E(brush hog, boxblade, snowplow) 85 B7200DT(loader and backhoe)
Oct 24, 2009
torrington,ct
yup, should be adjustable stoppers some where on there. sounds like for what ever reason they may not be set right.

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Barquester
You can carefully adjust that turnbuckle that GWD posted a photo of to cause 3 pt to raise higher. Shortening the feedback rod too much will cause the 3 pt to put the relief valve in relief(open) when 3 pt is fully raised.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Barquester
You can carefully adjust that turnbuckle that GWD posted a photo of to cause 3 pt to raise higher. Shortening the feedback rod too much will cause the 3 pt to put the relief valve in relief(open) when 3 pt is fully raised.
You are exactly right. I know because I did it.

The result is that the FEL wont work correctly when the hydraulic pump is in relief. DUH. :eek: Fortunately, it was an easy fix.

Not sure if the OP's tractor has the same adjustment rod or anything similar. It would be nice to hear back from him.

bransdad

Jun 16, 2013
NC
Sorry for not being able to post sooner. It's the busy time of year on the farm. I took a look and I don't have the adjustment shown in the picture. Had a mechanic come over and look at it. It's a pretty simple fix he says. The arms set on gear teeth. He's going to rotate them back a tooth or two and that should give me more lift height. Thank you for all the response.