3 Pt Hitch Check Chains - Turnbuckles - cheap

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
Where are you located in Southern Illinois, in general? you don't have to post exactly where.

I know a couple individuals that sell new and used equipment and you might be able to find a decent brush hog through one of them.
I'm Between Collinsville, IL and Highland, IL, about 30 to the east of St. Louis Missouri. Any info would be greatly appreciated......thanks...!

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I'm Between Collinsville, IL and Highland, IL, about 30 to the east of St. Louis Missouri. Any info would be greatly appreciated......thanks...!

You're a little further north west then I am here in SI, im located between Marion and Carbondale. The closet one of the two places would be right outside of Herrin Il. on Christmas tree rd. its just a few miles west off of I-57 at the Johnston City exit.

What size are you looking for? The next time I go by there ill stop and see what he has and post it on here for you.

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
You're a little further north west then I am here in SI, im located between Marion and Carbondale. The closet one of the two places would be right outside of Herrin Il. on Christmas tree rd. its just a few miles west off of I-57 at the Johnston City exit.

What size are you looking for? The next time I go by there ill stop and see what he has and post it on here for you.
I'd like to go with a 5 ft, thinking my B7200 will handle it okay, if I keep the blades sharp.... If not, then a 4 footer would be fine. Years ago I powered a Woods RM59 5 foot finish mower, but used it much like a bush hog, and ate a few belts in the process....the reason I'd like to stay with a gear drive, single blade unit for the heavy stuff... Thanks and if you find something that looks like a good deal, I don't mind driving....

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
I bought a B7200HST and some of the 3 pt parts were missing, including one of the check chains, which is really just a turnbuckle. Found this place that sells turnbuckles very similar to the ones that come on Kubotas and other small tractors....cheap. Less than 6 bucks for the 6 x 1/2. I'll just add the clevis pins and I believe it will work fine. Shipping is a bit high. 10 bucks for two, but it's better than 114 from Kubota for one. Might be worth checking out:

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/Rigging-Supplies-Hardware/Eye-Eye-Galvanized-Turnbuckles
Update on the cheap turnbuckles I ordered from US Cargo Control. Hitched up a 5 ft. blade and moved a little snow for a few hours. They held up okay, they prevented sway, seems strong enough. I actually think they'll handle just about anything the B7200 will handle. I'm glad I went with the 6 inch buckle with the 1/2 inch threaded rod. I don't think anything less would hold up.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/timestreasures/Kubota pics/CAM01516_zpsf0f9ab2c.jpg

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
I certainly do hope that the turnbuckles you have found will work- it would be awesome to have such an affordable solution available to tractor owners. Kubota isn't the only manufacturer that still puts turnbuckles on tractors- almost all of them do. John Deere still does, but their turnbuckles are only 8 inches long, total! They are super short, and it isn't possible to make a set of telescoping stabilizers that will function properly for them. LS puts telescoping stabilizers on their tractors, but it is a weak design- I have built sets to replace them. So, the problem continues to exist, meaning that solutions will continue to be necessary. The stabilizers that I build are a luxury item, not a necessity. So, again, an affordable alternative is a great thing for everyone. When I have an interested party say that they don't have the funds necessary for a set, I can always direct them to a solution that fits their budget. So, will you keep us posted on how they do?
Update on the cheap turnbuckles I ordered from US Cargo Control. Hitched up a 5 ft. blade and moved a little snow for a few hours. They held up okay, they prevented sway, seems strong enough. I actually think they'll handle just about anything the B7200 will handle. I'm glad I went with the 6 inch buckle with the 1/2 inch threaded rod. I don't think anything less would hold up.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/timestreasures/Kubota pics/CAM01516_zpsf0f9ab2c.jpg

Last edited: