3-pt Control Lever Resistance

aim4gold

Equipment
B3200
May 23, 2011
NE Kansas
I have a new 2011 B3200 and am questioning whether my 3-pt control lever is working properly
When I raise the 3-pt to the top and let the lever go it recoils to the slow down position - is that normal?

I think it moves to the down position with the slightest jar.
I would be picking up some dirt with the FEL and almost every time I turned around the rear blade was in the dirt!

Is there an adjustment for for control lever resistance or is this something the dealer needs to look at?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Sounds like it just needs some minor adjustment. I would let the dealer look at it while it's under warranty so if it did have a bigger problem they could say you did anything wrong.

aim4gold

Equipment
B3200
May 23, 2011
NE Kansas
Operator Error!!
I talked with my dealer and he showed me how to correct it.
That round knob below the front side of the seat for 3-pt speed control.
When this is set too close to the "Open" position this will happen. I though it was for how fast the 3-pt comes down but it also effects the pressure on the control lever.

I closed the valve some and the problem went away.

My first tractor - I'm learning!!

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
At least it didn't cost you anything to fix it!!

Now go get yourself some seat time and enjoy!

kytim

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada EH!
My 3200 is the same, If I lift the rear implement quickly and just let go of the handle it like to return to the "lower" position. I know the knob slows the decent of the blade (or whatever you have on the 3pt) but did it stop doing this when you made the adjustment?
Thanks,
M.

aim4gold

Equipment
B3200
May 23, 2011
NE Kansas
Not completely.
If I release the lever from the full up position it will rebound to lower
If I release the lever from the slow up position it will return to neutral (most of the time)
If I place it in the neutral - it stays there and does not creep down.

I have gotten into the habit of manually moving the lever tot he neutral position.

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
On both my machines(B7500HSD & B5100E) I can put the lever in the up position and let go of it and the 3 point will raise all the way up and the lever will rebound to the neutral position when it has hit top of lift, Of course I can also manually use the lever to lift and stop at a desired position,, If the machine is still under warranty I would suggest speaking to your dealer about this issue but if not then you could try adjusting them yourself, My B5100E would occasionally do what you describe so I adjusted it so that it rebounded to the neutral position.On the B5100E there are stop clamps on the linkage that can be adjusted, I simply moved the one clamp so that when the lever rebounded it did not hit it as hard, On my B7500 there are springs that are on the linkage rod and they are tensioned by nuts on the threaded ends of the rod.
From my observations when the lever is pushed to the full up position there is a detent which holds it there and when the 3 point reaches maximum lift the detent is over ridden and the lever rebounds to the neutral position, If the clamp/nut/spring that affect the downward motion is set incorrectly then when the lever rebounds it strikes that adjuster and the 3 point lever goes into the downward cycle, There may also be a tension adjustment on the lever itself that would slow down the movement of the lever when the full lift detent is over ridden.

Eddie Jr.

Equipment
B3200 HSD
Mar 27, 2011
Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada EH!
I will check with the dealer for mine for sure, I am also in the habit of returning it to neutral when finished but find it a bit annoying. The 3200's have that 1/4 inching valve that raises and lowers at a reduced speed anyways but I find I like to bring the implement up more quickly when turning or getting read to move backwards.
Thanks!
M.

Last edited: