3 point Sprayer questions

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Ive just about had it with my 25 gallon "put in the back of the cart and drive around leaking everywhere sprayer". Yesterday the screen got clogged with it full and I had to wrestle with the tank for about an hour trying to get to the screen. Then the pump died, again.

Anyway, I was looking around and got to wondering:

1. Any suggested brands?
2. PTO pump or electric
3. Boom or not? which leads me to....
4. Do they (anyone) make a tip for the boom that is designed for fence lines? Something that will spray maybe 2 feet wide that you can run next to the fence?

As always, any help would be appreciated.

Ridger

Equipment
L3940 HST
Nov 26, 2014
North LA
Whether you choose a PTO driven or electric driven sprayer would largely depend on how much acreage you have to spray. I have both and use for different purposes. I use the electric in the back of my UTV to spray small areas such as lawn or fence rows. I use the hand held wand attachment when spraying fence rows. I use the PTO driven sprayer for larger areas such as pastures, timberland, etc. I prefer the boomless because of spraying timberland. You can also angle or cap the side nozzles to make the spray more directional if you like.

I purchased my electric from Northern Tool and so far have been satisfied. I have a link below. Another good source is Fimco. I also have a link below. My PTO sprayer is an old sprayer my dad bought many years ago from a farmer's coop. I've since replaced hoses, roller pump, valves, etc., and it still works just fine. I've attached some photos of it.

I hope this helps you decide for your situation. Thank you.

https://www.northerntool.com/produc...yer-26-gallon-capacity-2-2-gpm-12-volts-99906

Attachments