3 Point hydraulics erratic

Bonaro

Equipment
L275DL
Mar 30, 2017
Olympia, wa
I am still learning about my L 275
The lift and position control have been working correctly (the way I understand it) for the couple years I have had this tractor. Note that there are two feedback rods in the 3pt, one on the left attached to the lift arms and the one on the right that attaches to the (draft sensor?) is missing. It still seemed to work right. I dont plow so the feedback is not needed. I usually leave the lift control lever in the up position and raise and lower the 3pt with the position control. The hitch responded correctly to the position of the control lever.

Yesterday I had to replace the PTO shaft so I drained the hydraulic fluid then refilled it with the old fluid and changed the hydraulic filter.
I also removed the relief valve in the loader control and turned the adjusting screw in 1/2 turn, trying to bump up the pressure a bit.
Now when I raise the hitch with the position control it goes all the way to the top (farther than before) and the motor lugs.
The hitch will not drop with the position control unless I lower the lift control. I no longer have much control over position. When I raise the position control to the point where it starts to lift, it goes to the top.
I returned the loader relief valve to its original setting but it's the same.
I have adjusted the drop speed control under the seat and that doesnt help

All I really did was drain and refill the oil and change the filter...What exactly did I break?

Bonaro

Equipment
L275DL
Mar 30, 2017
Olympia, wa
Problem solved..... ugh... 🤬
I had removed the feedback lever on the left side to run some hoses and put the dang thing back on upside down.
Tractor = 1
Dan = 0

Reactions: 1 user