3 point hitch

Mr jaws

Jan 12, 2014
Foxboro,wi
Does anybody out there know how to adjust the upper limit of my 3 point hitch. The lever to raise and lower will not stop it from going to high. I have a new b3200. The lower limit is adjustable but not the upper limit. I built a cab and the heater is mounted on back and parts of the 3ph hit it. Thanx

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Picture 81 (the first one) shows the left hand arm, and its positioning feedback adjustment. You may be able to adjust it to limit the amount you can move the arm up. It will not stop the arms from being ground-driven, and smashing into your cab.

Picture 80 (the second one) shows the right hand arm. You can remove the circlip and pull the arm off the splined shaft, rotate it a notch or two down, and slide it back on. Do the same on the left side by removing the feedback assy - the two center bolts - slide off the left arm and remount it the same as the right one. The raising of the arms will then be limited by the internal 3PH cylinder.

Moving the arms down a notch or two also lowers their downward travel, so be careful if you leave it all the way low, and back up - they can catch on things, with less than desirable results.

Attachments

Last edited:

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Isn't there a stop you can add to the housing in which the control lever operates? It sure would simplify the fix as I see it. Then, for some other use, removal of the stop puts things back to normal. I assume your control is a position control, not a simple up-down control (as on the BX).

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I use a small "C" clamp and a short piece of flat bar to limit the 3PH when I run a sickle-bar mower that can bend up its PTO drive shaft. I was thinking of something more permanent here - the cab may well become more or less permanent.
An upper control stop will not keep the 3PH from being ground driven to its upper limit - repositioning the arms on the spline shaft will lower that limit. It all depends on what he wants to do.

Yes, the "C" clamp is easier. No, lowering the arms or adjusting the position feedback is not a big job; he has managed quite nicely to built a cab!

The tractor comes with the lower control adjustment assy. You can simply buy another and mount it above the control arm.

Last edited: