3 plugs in 2 days - Wow!

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
I kept searching online for the magic bullet to no avail but only found where others had the same issue and never finding a sure fire solution. Apparently many older models like my L2050DT enjoy having atleast one glow plug that is so close and recessed beside the intake manifold and behind a fuel line connection that you really have a fight on your hands to change it out. Just to give credit to Sean (North Idaho Wolfman) for suggesting heat to the fuel line connection that I was having difficulty in separating. That did the trick!

No flame; I used an iron to heat it up and a scissor type squeeze with a 19mm wrench on bottom and a 17mm wrench on top :)eek:) And all I wanted to do was move my tractor over a foot or two and hook up a new (to me) bucket.

At any rate I never imagined the trouble getting the old plugs out and the new one's in would be. Also discovered a broken switch in the process and was able to find a new one at the local O'Reilly's that worked. As soon as I fixed the switch "heat waves" appeared at the end of the exhaust and a mere bump of the key fired it right up! It hasn't started up that nice since I got it.

I'm keeping my eye out for a deep, thin wall 3/8 drive 12mm socket too. :)

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Wolfman earns every penny we pay him for his excellent advice!

Where would we be without him -and all the other good folk who help us out?

:)