2019 B2650 rototilling and shut off when I hit a rock

leonardj54

Equipment
B2650
Apr 23, 2024
Wisconsin
First time posting

I've owned the tractor since new, 230+ hours and till mostly food plots around my property. Today I was tilling and the tractor shut off when I hit a rock and it must have go stuck in the tiller hood. I looked behind and could see the rock sitting on the ground. The tractor displayed at least on red indicator on the console that I can recall, not sure what it was because I've tilled now for 5 years and this is a first with the tractor shutting off like that and I was kinda surprised. I turned the tractor off. The PTO was still engaged and I checked the tiller was not free spinning. The clutch and PTO did not appear damaged. Disengaged the PTO and it free spun like formal. When I started the tractor no lights on the console stayed illuminated, and there were no abnormal noises. I engaged the PTO and the tiller appeared to working fine. I disengaged and reengaged several times and not issues were apparent. At that point I started tilling again and no problems were noted. I contacted my local service office and they've never heard of anything like this, almost like an emergency engine shutdown happened. I'll count my blessing and knock on wood!!!

Anyone ever had anything like this happen or any ideas.

Many thanks,
Len

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Most likely issue was your backside came out of the seat, tripped the safety switch, and killed it.

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I have had similar happen to me about 1/2 dozen or so times over the years but a little different.

When snow blowing sometimes a frozen chunk of ice, frozen piglet or other critter that either didnt make it or ended up where it wasn't supposed to be, chunk of wood, rock or whatever jets jammed between housing and impeller / blade.

Stalls out the tractor BEFORE a shear bolts / friction faces lets go. Definitely not ideal and so far fingers crossed never had any permanent damage on tractor or implement. I clean my shear pins / at start of every season but the odd time a full stall before the safety device lets go happens especially seems like when very very cold for some reason like -30's . Def. something to be avoided but grace of god no permanent damage yet over many years.

Stuff loves to hide under the snow and in your case under the ground.

Reactions: 1 user