2018 KX040-4 Excavator

Powerlinefixer

New member

Equipment
KX040-4
Sep 22, 2026
2
2
3
Pacific NW
Hey All-

I just bought a kx040-4 excavator. Where's the best place to get a workshop service manual? Digital copy is preferred.

Thanks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

fmgsr

Member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota, LX2620 - Kubota BX2380 (retired)
Dec 19, 2018
98
50
18
PA
Nice, lets see it !
 

BAP

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
3,196
1,312
113
New Hampshire
Dealer is 1 place to get a good copy. EBay has many copies for sale.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

bird dogger

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
1,807
1,782
113
North Dakota
If you bought it from your local dealer: Bring a brand new/unused thumb drive to them and ask them to download the manuals on it. My dealer was happy to do that for me.

Even if you didn't buy it from your local dealer..... the same might work just as well for getting the manuals.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Powerlinefixer

New member

Equipment
KX040-4
Sep 22, 2026
2
2
3
Pacific NW
Nice, lets see it !
It's had a hard life, but that's why I got it below market value. I had to replace the display/meter ($2100) and it has a bogging down issue I have to troubleshoot yet.

It's got some kind of a scabbed together wainroy/Kubota hydraulic quick release bucket. At first I was shaking my head at it, but the more I look at it, it seems like a good setup, other than I'll have to custom weld ears on every bucket I get.

All in all it's a good machine. I'll tell you what. I've run a good amount of machines and I've never run something that swings as fast as this one.
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: 1 user