2005 M95S swing shift problem

arnoldwv

Equipment
2005 M95S
Oct 13, 2011
Romney, WV
Hey folks....Haven't been able to find this issue on the forums so I figured I would start a new thread. The swing shift (32 speed transmission) has been acting up and not going to the turtle (low side) when I would swing the gear shift lever. The light will switch to the turtle but the short beep that normally happens is just does a constant "beep" until I hit it again and it goes back to the rabbit (high side). If I do it 4 or 5 times, it will finally beep normally (sometimes) and stay on the turtle. Never have a problem going from the low side to the high side. Also, while it is constantly beeping and the turtle light is on, the transmission is still actually on the high side. You can put it in gear and drive it (high range) but the turtle is on and the beep is constant. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is it the range lever in the floor that your shifting that's giving you problems?
If it is there is an adjustment on it that could have come loose and is not engaging it all the way.

arnoldwv

Equipment
2005 M95S
Oct 13, 2011
Romney, WV
No, it's the shifter on the right (classic 4 speed shifter and then when you are in neutral, you bump it to the left and it switches back and forth from low side (turtle) to the high side (rabbit) giving you 8 speeds.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If it has electrical plug might try unplugging it and blowing it out. I have seen them get trash on the inside of a plug and have a function not work.

arnoldwv

Equipment
2005 M95S
Oct 13, 2011
Romney, WV
Thanks....I'll check that in the morning....I know there is a little metal piece that pushes down a rubber button but I'm not sure if it "unplugs".

arnoldwv

Equipment
2005 M95S
Oct 13, 2011
Romney, WV
It seems there is a button (switch) that has a rubber coating over it that a little metal lever gets pushed down on by the gear shift when you "swing" the gear shift and it seems like sometimes it doesn't want to "pop" back up when you go to the low side....maybe the switch is worn?.....nobody seen this before?? This tractor only has 1400 hours on it. I wouldn't think it's the first one with this problem. Thanks!

Buckshot135

Equipment
M105S
May 2, 2017
Shubuta, MS, USA
I have the same problem with my 2006 M105S. I am going to try and clean the swing shift switch. Maybe that will work. Let me know if you get yours working and I'll do the same.

Thanks,
Blake

MikeKing

Equipment
m105s
Sep 8, 2019
Uxbridge, MA
Hey Blake,
Did you get your problem fixed? Mine is doing the same thing. I'm going to try cleaning it right now.
Thanks,
Mike

Lineman1975

Equipment
Kubota m105s 2006
Oct 30, 2022
Kingsport TN
I just bought m105s amd my swing shift isn’t working at all no indicator lights on rabbit or turtle any suggestions greatly appreciated..

Lineman/Farmer

Equipment
M108S
Dec 18, 2022
Stanford, KY
What did u guys do to resolve your swing shift issue???? No one has directly said or made a comment after fixing their issue? I would greatly appreciate your findings on resolving your issues or any advise would be helpful also! My 2006 open station M108S w/2,600 hrs on it, for the 1st time ever last night, would not come out of turtle & go into rabbit. The beep alarm also became CONTINUOUS after I got a bit aggravated & popped the gear shift lever over a bit harder, while in the neutral position, hoping that would help switch it to the rabbit side of transmission. I took off the right hand console control covers & the catwalk rubber mat & center floor cover underneath that, to be able to see every bit of linkage from the gear shift lever all the way to the top side of the transmission. Everything seemed fine & all the linkages looked to be in good shape & working properly??????????