2005 BX23 with 100 hours, Loader and Backhoe, $12K, Is this a good deal? Stored indoors, clean

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It was an option that wasn't bought. Some have no need for 3PH as they don't require implements or have another tractor. The 3PH kit for my BX23s is still in the box after 5 years....neighbours love my backhoe too much.

If you do a 'parts lookup', you should be able to get part numbers, see how they attach. Maybe use Google to search for the 3PH ? It'd be rare if someone was selling if on a tractor though.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
One question for the experts here, the rear of this tractor has the quick attach setup for the rear backhoe, and no evidence of the class 1 3 point hitch adapters?

Assume this is an option the owner did not purchase?

Suggestions? (Thank you in advance)
Congrats to you man. I had the same tractor with several thousand hours on it and traded it in 2018 for 10K.

Yours should've come with the three point hitch parts, if not, you can source them. Its a rugged little beast that served me well for many years with only a few pitfalls:

HST fan - get a set of belly plates (I got some from brotek).
Air filter brackets (complete junk) and fail quite often due to engine vibration (at idle). I got tired of replacing the brackets and just bungee'd the air filter housing...never a problem after that.

Here's mine when new:

Kubota Mutti.JPG

and the day I traded it (12 years later)

IMG_0956.JPG

Brotek skid plates:

IMG_0943.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Congrats to you man. I had the same tractor with several thousand hours on it and traded it in 2018 for 10K.

Yours should've come with the three point hitch parts, if not, you can source them. Its a rugged little beast that served me well for many years with only a few pitfalls:

Air filter brackets (complete junk) and fail quite often due to engine vibration (at idle). I got tired of replacing the brackets and just bungee'd the air filter housing...never a problem after that.

Here's mine when new:

View attachment 109529

View attachment 109530

Brotek skid plates:

View attachment 109531
Beautifully kept 12 year old machine!

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Beautifully kept 12 year old machine!
Thanks. It was always stored under roof. It was a great machine that paid for itself the very first year I got it. Great little workhorse.

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
One question for the experts here, the rear of this tractor has the quick attach setup for the rear backhoe, and no evidence of the class 1 3 point hitch adapters?

Assume this is an option the owner did not purchase?

Suggestions? (Thank you in advance)
Was the seller the owner/operator of the machine or someone who ended up with a machine they did not need? Did you ask the seller? If the seller was not the user they may have no idea what they are or what talking about. Maybe they forgot or never used and maybe the parts just put on a shelf? I’d see if you can find a pic to show them what you are looking for and see if they have seen, would let you look around where the machine was stored, or leave a number to call you if they find them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

cpumechanic

Equipment
B2100
Apr 15, 2021
Eastern PA
Was the seller the owner/operator of the machine or someone who ended up with a machine they did not need? Did you ask the seller? If the seller was not the user they may have no idea what they are or what talking about. Maybe they forgot or never used and maybe the parts just put on a shelf? I’d see if you can find a pic to show them what you are looking for and see if they have seen, would let you look around where the machine was stored, or leave a number to call you if they find them.
The seller is a relative of the deceased owner. There were other people there that had run the machine and they claimed that it never had those parts I will look around though that's a good suggestion.

Thank you

Reactions: 2 users

cpumechanic

Equipment
B2100
Apr 15, 2021
Eastern PA

Here's mine when new:

View attachment 109529

View attachment 109530

Brotek skid plates:

View attachment 109531
Thank you good ideas

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
you 'should' be able go to local dealer where it was bought and get a copy of the original invoice, or at least they should be able to say what was sold.
If not, ask Korporate Kubota for the info.It HAS to be on a computer somewhere.....

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I think you got a great deal I just picked one up myself same model 2005 BX23 this one has just over 600hrs and is in really nice condition the owner I got it from purchased it new and had all the maintenance records with it. I gave 10k for this one I think you can't go wrong on these older TLBs as long as they were taken care of. Good luck with your new toy :)

cpumechanic

Equipment
B2100
Apr 15, 2021
Eastern PA
Hello All

I have spent some time using the tractor, playing with the backhoe, and the Loader, and my initial concern that it was "too small" appears to be false, it will do what I need to get done around my yard.

Hours are 143, see attached images, everything works perfectly, all of the paint and labels are in perfect condition. Thanks to all for convincing me to be run over to the sellers location and snatch it up.
PXL_20230821_170527501.MP.jpg
PXL_20230821_170538553.MP.jpg
PXL_20230821_191849543.MP.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Hello All

I have spent some time using the tractor, playing with the backhoe, and the Loader, and my initial concern that it was "too small" appears to be false, it will do what I need to get done around my yard.

Hours are 143, see attached images, everything works perfectly, all of the paint and labels are in perfect condition. Thanks to all for convincing me to be run over to the sellers location and snatch it up.
View attachment 109995 View attachment 109996 View attachment 109997
A big congrats to you. Enjoy that little beast.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Hello All

View attachment 109995 View attachment 109996 View attachment 109997
Looks like a beauty. Some days I wish I had held out for the backhoe model.

Good deal, eh

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Hello All

Nice find. But where is the top half of the ROPS? Hope you have it…

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
If it's as tall as the one that used to be on my BX23S, it was probably taken off to get tractor into a garage.
5 years, 1100 hrs ,still no need for it.
Having a custome sunshade to prevent heat stroke is more important than the ROPS.