14 (f) here this AM...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Went out and fired up the M9 to warm it up so I can fill the bale feeders for the stock.

About 10 seconds of pre heat, cranked it over (maybe one turn) and she popped right off. Sitting in the barn right now warming up. I'll go out and pull a couple rounds from the stack and fill the feeders.

I always warm the tractor before using it. Got to get that stone cold hydraulic fluid circulating inside. Besides, I like a warm cab.:)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
13F but sunny. I'll just let 'er sit with the battery tender...couple inches yesterday, but that's good packin' for the stone driveway..

PS - Sodark, that was funny...I didn't get it until I looked at title again...:)

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
The warm up is on the way. Kinda sucks for us ice fisherman here in NW Lower Peninsula. It is slowly melting right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
14 below F here this morning. Kinda early for this stuff this year. Have 42" of snow on the ground according to the NOAA Caribou Weather Office. Going to be a long Winter this Winter, especially since it started the last 2 weeks of October. And Grouse...sorry to break it to you, but pretty much all of the Lakes are locked up here right now. A month early from normal. Global "Warming" my butt.

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
It got down to 43 F last night and is still 43 and rainy now. Put on my heavy coat to go out to the barn this morning. :eek:

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
14 below F here this morning. Kinda early for this stuff this year. Have 42" of snow on the ground according to the NOAA Caribou Weather Office. Going to be a long Winter this Winter, especially since it started the last 2 weeks of October. And Grouse...sorry to break it to you, but pretty much all of the Lakes are locked up here right now. A month early from normal. Global "Warming" my butt.
In CO we have a record snowpack for this early in Dec. It is certainly looking like a nice chilly winter!

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI

Rub it in. I can take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
It got down to 43 F last night and is still 43 and rainy now. Put on my heavy coat to go out to the barn this morning. :eek:
Heavy coat? That's speedo weather.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I thought you were identifying yourself as a 14 year old female. God that was confusing. Stupid Reddit...
Pervert......:D

In all honesty, I'd love to be that young again, well maybe not that young. I'd settle for 40 or so.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I get the sensation (like a York Peppermint Patty) that we are going to get hammered this year.
Why I bought the 8 1/2 foot county plow for the front of the M9. The 105 hibernates all winter, I pulled the battery about a month ago and laced the fuel tanks with diesel additive and anti-biocide.

Guess need to take some pictures of the beast plow. Came with a standard 2 pin QD bobcat style hitch plate so it mates right up to the ATI hitch on the M9. My issue will be if the M9 has the gumption to handle it or not. Weighs about 1000 pounds. Already added quick disconnect hydraulic connectors to the front of the loader for the hay bale accumulator that I bought and didn't like so I sold it last year...lol

Plow is wider than my driveway by a foot or more. Guess I'll be doing some 'berm levelling' too.

No warmer here today either but no snow which is good with me. Saves me fiddling with the plow and hooking it up. Need to keep it outside. No room in the equipment barn, it's chock full of haytools and round bales. Tractors just fit inside, barely.

beaterboss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, LA525-FEL, BMLX-3164 3pt Blower, 72" Coteck Sno Pusher, 60" Box Blade
Feb 20, 2017
St.Francois,New Brunswick. Canada
Why I bought the 8 1/2 foot county plow for the front of the M9. The 105 hibernates all winter, I pulled the battery about a month ago and laced the fuel tanks with diesel additive and anti-biocide.

Guess need to take some pictures of the beast plow. Came with a standard 2 pin QD bobcat style hitch plate so it mates right up to the ATI hitch on the M9. My issue will be if the M9 has the gumption to handle it or not. Weighs about 1000 pounds. Already added quick disconnect hydraulic connectors to the front of the loader for the hay bale accumulator that I bought and didn't like so I sold it last year...lol

Plow is wider than my driveway by a foot or more. Guess I'll be doing some 'berm levelling' too.

No warmer here today either but no snow which is good with me. Saves me fiddling with the plow and hooking it up. Need to keep it outside. No room in the equipment barn, it's chock full of haytools and round bales. Tractors just fit inside, barely.
I probably wouldnt worry too much about the plow's weight. My little 3901 handles a 900lb Cotech Snow Pusher with ease, and what you have there is much, much more tractor than I have.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Heavy coat? That's speedo weather.
Back when I was stationed up North, I completely understood what you mean.

Now that I am back down here, my blood has thinned out to much and I get cold easily. Well maybe my age has a little something to do with that. :D

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Pervert......:D

In all honesty, I'd love to be that young again, well maybe not that young. I'd settle for 40 or so.
Amen to the that, 40 again, brother. :D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I probably wouldnt worry too much about the plow's weight. My little 3901 handles a 900lb Cotech Snow Pusher with ease, and what you have there is much, much more tractor than I have.
Cold here (typical) but no snow at all. Glad it's down south, let them have the experience...lol

Not worried about the weight of the plow, more worried about pushing it. When we get snow here it's usually a lot and we can get 8 foot drifts. That is a lot of snow to be pushing. Guess we will see how it does or don't do. Had a 2 stage 84" blower for years and sold it. Got tired of flinging my gravel drive in the yard and then replacing the gravel in the spring. Hired the guy down the way to plow out the drives with his Jeep and plow, he's cheap, 10 bucks a plow. got the blade for doing the road. Around here, out in the sticks, the road might get plowed a week after a snow event. Might.

2 winters ago I made quite a bit of pocket change yanking stuck vehicles out of the ditch. A snatch strap and the tractor pops them right out for a quick 20 dollar bill. (They attach the strap to their vehicle so I have no liability if I rip something off.)...lol One guy with a CJ attached the strap to his tie rod, told him that was a bad idea, he told me to yank it anyway and I did. He had severe wheel mis alignment after that.....:rolleyes:

Kind of wish the 105 had the quick attach plate on the loader but it don't. Only the M9 has it. I wasn't thinking straight when I bought them 10 years ago.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Here in NH, it was about 5F this morning. I wasn't paying attention the weather lately and did not plug in my truck, nor did I go out and start it up a few minutes early. Did not have heat for most of the way to work. I guess the next couple of days are supposed to be colder. Not happy to see a little warmup and rain/mix this weekend before the temps dip again. I'm ready to get the sleds out on the trail...all registered up for the year.

As for my Kubota(s). I only use them for moving snow this time of year, so they are basically sitting. No tenders on them. Should probably put some anti-gel in the tanks.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Here in NH, it was about 5F this morning. I wasn't paying attention the weather lately and did not plug in my truck, nor did I go out and start it up a few minutes early. Did not have heat for most of the way to work. I guess the next couple of days are supposed to be colder. Not happy to see a little warmup and rain/mix this weekend before the temps dip again. I'm ready to get the sleds out on the trail...all registered up for the year.

As for my Kubota(s). I only use them for moving snow this time of year, so they are basically sitting. No tenders on them. Should probably put some anti-gel in the tanks.
My very close friend lives just above and west of Bar Harbor. He has a JD with a blower and it stays in his wood heated garage. It's interesting but he gets our weather almost like clockwork, 3 days after it's here with the exception of Nor'Easter storms. Expect cold temps (that we are having presently) with a warming trend (above freezing) mid week but no snow.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
My very close friend lives just above and west of Bar Harbor. He has a JD with a blower and it stays in his wood heated garage. It's interesting but he gets our weather almost like clockwork, 3 days after it's here with the exception of Nor'Easter storms. Expect cold temps (that we are having presently) with a warming trend (above freezing) mid week but no snow.
Yeah. Looks like cold through Thursday, warmup with a mix Saturday, then cooling back down next week. No snow in sight. Seems like most of our snow comes from coastal storms rather than the clippers.