0% Interest Going Away in October?

farmer frank

Equipment
L4802
Aug 29, 2023
Southern Appalachia
Hi all. A couple of dealers in my area have alluded to Kubota no longer offering 0% interest on tractors and RTVs after the end of September. Anyone able to opine or verify? I'm about to pull the trigger on a package but would like a couple more weeks.

Justin

waverider

Equipment
MX5400HST
Aug 4, 2023
Santa Cruz, CA
Take this for what its worth... I just emailed my dealer yesterday asking the same, since I'm waiting for a particular tractor he's ordering, his response was "Kubota extended terms through the end of the year."

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
With most lots plugged full of surplus equipment, I would think marketing the false selling point of zero interest would be a high priority for all the different manufacturers.

Reactions: 1 user

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
Probably a good money maker for Kubota to lose the 0.0% loan rate.
Just me thinking out loud here, but don’t they simply add in the actual cost of the loan with the MSRP? Seems plausible that they bank on us being naive enough to believe it’s “free” financing, and then just add the equivalent of a regular loan interest rate to the tractor cost.

So, let’s say they dump the 0.0%. Maybe “make us a deal” of about 3.49%. I bet MSRP remains, or even escalates, plus this new loan cost.

I’m no smarter than the average bear, but I don’t believe a company as large as Kubota is going to give us anything for free. I’ll believe that just as soon as free shipping being free.

Reactions: 1 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Just me thinking out loud here, but don’t they simply add in the actual cost of the loan with the MSRP? Seems plausible that they bank on us being naive enough to believe it’s “free” financing, and then just add the equivalent of a regular loan interest rate to the tractor cost.

So, let’s say they dump the 0.0%. Maybe “make us a deal” of about 3.49%. I bet MSRP remains, or even escalates, plus this new loan cost.

I’m no smarter than the average bear, but I don’t believe a company as large as Kubota is going to give us anything for free. I’ll believe that just as soon as free shipping being free.
It may not be free, but the cash discount is negligible, so you make as well take the zero percent.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
the cash discount is negligible
This is the impression I got over the weekend when talking numbers with a salesman about zero turns. I miss the good ol' days of the equine discount!

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

BINGO !!!!!