Eric McCarthy?

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Anybody have any contact with Eric McCarthy? I know he got a little upset with the forum/members a while back & hasn't posted since, but I kinda miss the guy's posts, experiences, & outlook on life.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I too was wondering.....

seemed like he left, feeling unsupported.

I hope he is busy at work!

He is about 80 miles east of me too.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I'm just curious as to what the problem was?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Careful, saying his name 3 times might end up like this.

Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well if its on soical media Ill never talk to him again

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Went back and reread the thread. I didnt realize i could be a little harsh.
So 13 months ago since i last posted on that thread. Nope, i have no extra money, but bills are paid. If i calculate my years income and average it over 40 hrs/week i grossed 13 dollars per hour. Bills are paid. Gas tank is full and work is
Starting to snowball. Other shops in area are running reduced hours, and i may need to do 7 days/week to get caught up.

Too bad it went the way it did, i do hope he found a solution to his conundrum.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I've never seen someone so outspokenly pi$$ed because folks wouldn't give him what he though he deserved!

Yet he was mad at his dad because he was the same as us, wouldn't give it to him.

The country is getting more and more of them as our entitlement programs continue to train them.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I've never seen someone so outspokenly pi$$ed because folks wouldn't give him what he though he deserved!

Yet he was mad at his dad because he was the same as us, wouldn't give it to him.

The country is getting more and more of them as our entitlement programs continue to train them.

There are many topics here that I stay away from, and that was one of them.
I too wanted to ask WTF are you thinking asking for money! I was blindsided that someone who had been around and added so much to this site would deviate off the beaten path to ask for help, only to see the lack of financial help as an attack on his character.......but then again, expectations are typically never met to those who don't understand that hard work is what most people respect and pay for gladly.

It really is stunning, as I get older, it seems that the real world is more in focus, the good the bad and the ugly seem to stand out a lot better - when I was younger, thanking someone was NOT at the top of my list of things to do, appreciation was NOT a way of doing the right thing either. My mother use to get so pissed at me because I did not thank people who gave me something for Xmas.......it wasnt until that frontal lobe in the brain musta grown more that I started to see that INPUT = OUTPUT........you put in crappola, you get out the same.

help on this site is something that we all need and provide to one another, yet some people expect it without the simple words......thank you !

Sometimes the person who asks a question here will come back and really thank the other person for helping - it taught them something and typically saved a few $$$ in the process. THE thanking part is the magical part, the help was great, the respect of the one being helped is p r i c e l e s s !:)

And as far as tweeting, FB and that other stuff - it too is a waste of my time, it would only distract me from ..............HERE!!:eek::D:)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
As mentioned, he's alive and well, and pretty active on a Kubota page on facebook. He mentions OTT from time to time, and from what I've seen, favorably.

To change the subject, does anyone know whatever happened to kytim?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
WOW that's sad, not even a year and his web site is gone already, Not a great way to get repeat business! :confused:
I guess we should have loaned him money, :rolleyes: but then again probably better odds playing the lottery! :p ;) :D