Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Fabrication & Customization

Fabrication & Customization Show off and share the details of your custom improvements to your tractor, your truck or anything else you get your hands on.

Old 10-13-2019   #1
Orange1forme
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Question adding fuse(s) into factory fuse block, not add-a-fuse

In my B2650 there is a fuse block with unused fuse spots but no power to them. Power comes in via wire and then connects to the metal bar that links between each slot on that supply feed.

Is there a way to connect to this bar?

I know I can add an additional fuse block/power distribution point, which I have done for the rear accessories, but would like to be able to utilize the empty spots.

It is possible that the wire is sized for the factory loads and adding to it could overload that supply wire, I get that. For now it is just some LED lights and I would keep the load in mind before adding much, if anything, else.
Orange1forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
Howling
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX2370
Default Re: adding fuse(s) into factory fuse block, not add-a-fuse

Have you checked if that bar has power when the tractor is on?

Google "kubota b2650 wiring diagram". Look for the fuses connected to that bar and see where they are powered from.
Howling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
mikester
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M59 TLB

Sorry I dont know the specifics of your machine, your best bet is to unbolt the fuse box to see what you have available and what you need. Usually you will find an AUX port that is unused on the bus. If clips are missing you might have a hard time sourcing the correct parts without part numbers.

At one time I was looking for a supplier of some of the wiring harness quick connectors to make up a custom wiring harness but had no luck sourcing the components with the part numbers stamped on the parts.
mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
Orange1forme
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling View Post
Have you checked if that bar has power when the tractor is on?

Google "kubota b2650 wiring diagram". Look for the fuses connected to that bar and see where they are powered from.
It's not a matter of an unoccupied powered spot.

It is spots with no power supplies to them. No bar in those slots and I was thinking of adding into this bar.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
dlsmith

2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX2230, LA211

Not sure what type connector your fuse block uses, but I bought some connectors from Del City the snapped right into the vacant spot on my BX's fuse block.

https://www.delcity.net/store/1!way-..._11128.h_26861

If those would work I can send you a few, I bought 20 and only needed four of them.
dlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
mikester
3rd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: M59 TLB

Good link, thanks!
mikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7
Mark64

Equipment: BX2380, LA344s, BX2822, RCK54

I found what appears to be the same thing on eBay, I can't post the link but if you do a search on "DELPHI - 12020321" you can get a 10 pack for $5.99 shipped.
Mark64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8
Orange1forme
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsmith View Post
Not sure what type connector your fuse block uses, but I bought some connectors from Del City the snapped right into the vacant spot on my BX's fuse block.

https://www.delcity.net/store/1!way-..._11128.h_26861

If those would work I can send you a few, I bought 20 and only needed four of them.
I'm in need of a different, or way to connect to existing, buss bar(for lack of better term).

I don't have the ANYTHING in the unused spots in the fuse block.

I think it will just be easier to add another fuse block near the factory one or use the one I added back by the seat.

Thanks to all that have replied. I just don't seem to find what I am after.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #9
Mark64

Equipment: BX2380, LA344s, BX2822, RCK54

I did get the ones from eBay and worked with a little tweaking, there is a bent guide on them that doesn't exactly align.

I have a BX2380 and am now using one of the open fuse slots. It took more time to find a hot wire to connect into, would have really appreciated it if there would have been a buss bar or some other common switched hot.
Mark64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #10
B737

2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: 2007 BX2350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark64 View Post
I did get the ones from eBay and worked with a little tweaking, there is a bent guide on them that doesn't exactly align.

I have a BX2380 and am now using one of the open fuse slots. It took more time to find a hot wire to connect into, would have really appreciated it if there would have been a buss bar or some other common switched hot.
Where did you end up getting an ignition switched hot from to feed the new slot?