New BX Series - BX**90

JimDeL

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
478
552
93
NE Ohio
Kubota introduced the BX "90" Series.

BX90-Series | Sub-Compact Tractors | Kubota Canada

Looks like the 1880 is being replaced by the 2190, and you can "Choose from Standard, Deluxe, and Premium trim levels."

Seems to be a complete redesign of the whole BX series. No mention of what the new prices will be.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Well-known member

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
3,666
6,861
113
Central Piedmont, NC
Interesting that they abandoned the treadle pedal in favor of side by side HST pedals. IMG_0860.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

85Hokie

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
11,142
3,083
113
Bedford - VA
I find NOTHING intuitive about the side by side pedals !!!!!!!

I have to "drive" a 50 hp JD at work, the pedals are side by side - big feet - big boots, hell the computer goes bananas IF you somehow hit the two at the same time.

I know many of you do NOT like the back and forth of the rocker style - but that is intuitive naturally.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

William1

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D, JD X754 AWS Mower
Jul 28, 2015
1,476
669
113
Richmond, Virginia
Sears Lawn Tractor, HST was a hand lever on the side with a brake pedal on the left. Kubota was/is pedal front and back and a brake on the left. JD X754 is a side by side pedal, with a brake up high and on the right ABOVE the 'go' pedals (near impossible to use except parking). Mu old brain is able to deal with going from machine to machine though I prefer the BX25D setup.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Well-known member

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
4,094
5,529
113
Michigan
I don't have a "dog in this fight", but the treadle pedal was a concern for me when I was "in the market"....

As a Noob, I originally thought that pedals similar to automotive gas/brakes would be the best.

However; The "treadle pedal" has became so familiar, so fast, that it feels very natural and I would have a difficult time adjusting to a "side-by-side" set up at this point.

Maybe(pretty sure;)) the "marketing guys" had something to do with the change???🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

One thing is for sure though...hopefully, the nimrod in charge of putting the brakes above the gas has/had nothing to do with the change🤔:ROFLMAO:
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user