What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
By the looks of it he could just drive around!
I was thinking he might just go all full-out Knievel and get it done that way.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I greased the loader today but had to take the loader off to get some of the pins to take grease. Some grease nipples still had orange paint on them, but they did take grease. Also, found that my Lock and Lube grease gun tip has a manufacturing defect. I will be calling them in the morning to see what they advise. I did find one grease nipple that was broken off and none from my assortment didn't want to screw into the hole after I removed the broken piece. It must be a Metric thread.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I greased the loader today but had to take the loader off to get some of the pins to take grease. Some grease nipples still had orange paint on them, but they did take grease. Also, found that my Lock and Lube grease gun tip has a manufacturing defect. I will be calling them in the morning to see what they advise. I did find one grease nipple that was broken off and none from my assortment didn't want to screw into the hole after I removed the broken piece. It must be a Metric thread.
"Metric thread" ???
Only fits your metric grease gun ? ;)

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
part DUX...

thought it would be just a few hors...nope...all day event. U-27 did a great job for me again. We already got another google 5-star review. We like those.

dig

H4-BEL698-11.JPG

pipe

H4-BEL698-13.JPG

time for backfill

H4-BEL698-20.JPG

that's a wrap.

H4-BEL698-21.JPG

H4-BEL698-23.JPG

tomorrow will be a powrmole job with the tractor/backhoe.

Reactions: 11 users

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Usually 8mm.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It the head on a Metric grease fitting the same as a standard US grease fitting that was produced in the US 50+ years ago? When I compared the head where the grease gun grabs the nipple, it looked a lot different than what is in my 50+-year-old grease fitting assortment or is it just the manufacture of that particular Metric grease fitting?

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Spent a couple hours clearing dirt. Had to remove a foot of earth due to a hydraulic leak then move more dirt in the backhoe. Then leveled the ground more.

Reactions: 9 users

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
It the head on a Metric grease fitting the same as a standard US grease fitting that was produced in the US 50+ years ago? When I compared the head where the grease gun grabs the nipple, it looked a lot different than what is in my 50+-year-old grease fitting assortment or is it just the manufacture of that particular Metric grease fitting?
The ones I have look the same, and my Lock & Lube fits them. The 'neck' might be a bit longer on some, but the 'knob' is the same.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
PowRmole job with the tractor today. All went fine. not many interesting pics...

Ready

H4-KAR614-1.JPG

broken fitting

H4-KAR614-3.JPG

30' of new pipe pulled with the powrmole. It pulled hard against the trench wall. I think it was trying to get thru the foundation wall of the house addition. The thing is with this system, once you start pulling, you just have to keep going until it either completes the job or separates that cable.

H4-KAR614-4.JPG

H4-KAR614-6.JPG

Backfill

H4-KAR614-8.JPG

done

H4-KAR614-9.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
PowRmole job with the tractor today. All went fine. not many interesting pics...

Ready

View attachment 126075

broken fitting

View attachment 126076

30' of new pipe pulled with the powrmole. It pulled hard against the trench wall. I think it was trying to get thru the foundation wall of the house addition. The thing is with this system, once you start pulling, you just have to keep going until it either completes the job or separates that cable.

View attachment 126077

View attachment 126078

Backfill

View attachment 126079

done

View attachment 126080
Man that was some happy grass before you fixed the poopy pipe.

• Haha

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Spent a couple hours clearing dirt. Had to remove a foot of earth due to a hydraulic leak then move more dirt in the backhoe. Then leveled the ground more.

This is one of best pictures I have seen on the forum that doesn't have anything to do with tractors :giggle:

Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
This is one of best pictures I have seen on the forum that doesn't have anything to do with tractors :giggle:
Well, I'm going out on a limb here, and gonna say that if I post one of my home brew setup, it's gonna be because I had to move the tractor outta the way to set it up. I brew in the tractor shed and tractor in the brew shed. Ergo, beer does have a connection to tractors.

Any other kinda beer, I might have just agreed with you about it being the best photo, though. I've been to the Guiness brewery in Dublin, and that stuff didn't taste any better within 100 feet of where it was being made than it does after a trip across the Big Pond. I tried, REAL HARD, to finish a pint in the upstairs pub at the brewery, but just couldn't do it. Much too bitter for my tastes.

Hang on a minute, I just saw the heat lamp and some chicks in the background. Maybe he's feeding the chickens with Guiness.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I spent about 30 minutes around midday yesterday filling in and grading the mess at the bottom of the driveway. I had the M6060 bucket on the MX which has a smooth bolt on cutting edge that works well for back dragging and such. As luck would have it (or not), a county grader drove past on the opposite side of the road as I was working, and then came back along my side when I was done. I had no idea that grading was on the schedule and I'm still not sure if my efforts were for naught.

When I got back to the house I discovered that the power was out due to a big fire at a motel about 5 miles away. It took close to 6 hours before power was restored.

mx6000_driveway_fix_1.jpg

mx6000_driveway_fix_2.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well, I'm going out on a limb here, and gonna say that if I post one of my home brew setup, it's gonna be because I had to move the tractor outta the way to set it up. I brew in the tractor shed and tractor in the brew shed. Ergo, beer does have a connection to tractors.

Any other kinda beer, I might have just agreed with you about it being the best photo, though. I've been to the Guiness brewery in Dublin, and that stuff didn't taste any better within 100 feet of where it was being made than it does after a trip across the Big Pond. I tried, REAL HARD, to finish a pint in the upstairs pub at the brewery, but just couldn't do it. Much too bitter for my tastes.

Hang on a minute, I just saw the heat lamp and some chicks in the background. Maybe he's feeding the chickens with Guiness.
Yup......it tastes like what I imagine a mixture of linseed oil, and cesspool water might be.

TwitchyMcJoe

Equipment
1980 L185DT
Yesterday, but: I jacked up my L185DT and finally removed the FWD portion of my 4WD to repair it. To my horror, I saw that the bevel gears were eaten up, there was a hole in the casing where part of the bearing shot out like a bullet, fragments of bearing and oil seal were everywhere.

But, at least I can get parts.

20240410_203727.jpg

Bearing... what bearing?

20240410_192357.jpg
The "Bullet Hole"

And lastly:

20240410_202457.jpg

You can see where the balls from one of the failed bearings fell between the gears.... and somehow this thing functioned well enough that I bushhogged a three acre field without noticing.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Dead pine just across the line in my neighbor’s yard fell yesterday while we were having a bit of wind. Been expecting it to fall for a few years. Very solid stump, though, because it was hit several times by lightning while it was still living. Lightning damage attracted beetles, you do the math.

Before:
IMG_3492.jpeg

The 15 foot tall stump is what this broke off of. Fortunately, it didn’t go north and fall on Cluckingham Palace (my new chicken pen/coop.

Gave the tree and stump and a bunch other crap back to the neighbor after I cleaned it up as well as a bunch of other deadfall that was right on our line, along with a bunch of privet hedge and poison ivy and muscadine vines. Left a pretty big pile in his yard (with his permission, albeit I don’t think he knew how much it was gonna be)
IMG_3494.jpeg

IMG_3495.jpeg

He was supposed to help me, but left this morning before I started. He’s been back for a while (saw their dogs outside) and hasn’t even sent a thank you note or acknowledgment of my good will. He can deal with the pile by himself, or pay me $100/hr to load it for him, or file a claim with his homeowner insurance. I won’t be doing that for free again.

Reactions: 2 users