Daily Chuckle

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
A young couple moved in next door a couple years ago. I kinda liked the guy because he was very industrious and was cleaning up brush and overgrown trees and weeds that the previous neighbor wouldn't touch for the first 16 years I lived here, much like I've been doing for my entire time of living here, but I NEVER did anything to disturb the privacy between me and the neighbor unless a tornado laid down a tree or something. He had the property surveyed (as I did when I bought mine) and turns out I was over the line by the width of my mower when cutting grass. No biggie, and I would have kept mowing the little strip on my side of the holly bushes and undergrowth that offered some privacy between our homes. I wasn't really expecting him to cut down most of the trees between our houses, thus exposing our decks and back yards to each other. Yes, that's DECKS, not the other word. But if you're a Kiwi, it'll sound the same. Ennyhoo, he suddenly realized he and his missus no longer had any privacy on their back porch, so they put up some cables and hung opaque shower curtains up on them so they could have their privacy. I was a little gobsmacked about the shower curtains, but had a good giggle about it with the missus. It gets better. Finally met the guy and turns out he's a fireman with one of the local departments, first responder EMT, and all that. Good to know if I have a coronary in my back yard, someone's close. As the weather got cooler that autumn after he cut down most of the blind between our house (which also gave us a direct view of a window in their master bedroom from our deck), more leaves fell off and made it even worse. Not that I was interested, but I found it both amusing and annoying at the same time that he'd done that to both our privacy. I'll admit, it looks better and glad I didn't have to deal with it, but I wasn't really thrilled about his dogs barking at me every time I came out to sit on the deck and have a beer to RELAX. I was sitting on the deck one evening, and saw what I thought was a fire flickering on his deck (a wooden one) and was confirmed the next morning when the wind was blowing and the shower curtains opened enough to see it was a little fire pit similar to one my step-daughter had. They were having a fire on the wooden deck, within 6 feet of the house, which is covered in vinyl siding. I guess anyone can be a fireman. Earlier this year, we were doing a little purging, and I had a 10x12 canopy that my step-daughter had dumped on us after she moved to a new home, and had no intention of using it. I asked if they wanted it, yep, they did, so I carried it over in the bucket of the LX. They had a neat little patio kinda thing set up in their back yard, complete with fire pit, and it's where their young friends all sit around and have a few drinks, etc. They're never loud, so they don't bother me, except for the dogs. They're LOUD, extremely, despite the young couple trying to keep them trained and disciplined. The next day, we see them putting up the nylon canvased pergola right over top of their fire pit, and they even hung hammocks that were obviously made from some kind of synthetic fiber, and most probably extremely flammable. All of which are within 4-5 feet of the CENTER of the fire pit, which is centered under the pergola. Again, I guess anyone can be a fireman. I have a feeling we're in for a rude awakening when the local fire department has to come to his house to put out a fire. How embarrassing would that be? They seem to be good kids, but geez, I have a feeling he's testing Darwin's theories out over there.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
A young couple moved in next door a couple years ago. I kinda liked the guy because he was very industrious and was cleaning up brush and overgrown trees and weeds that the previous neighbor wouldn't touch for the first 16 years I lived here, much like I've been doing for my entire time of living here, but I NEVER did anything to disturb the privacy between me and the neighbor unless a tornado laid down a tree or something. He had the property surveyed (as I did when I bought mine) and turns out I was over the line by the width of my mower when cutting grass. No biggie, and I would have kept mowing the little strip on my side of the holly bushes and undergrowth that offered some privacy between our homes. I wasn't really expecting him to cut down most of the trees between our houses, thus exposing our decks and back yards to each other. Yes, that's DECKS, not the other word. But if you're a Kiwi, it'll sound the same. Ennyhoo, he suddenly realized he and his missus no longer had any privacy on their back porch, so they put up some cables and hung opaque shower curtains up on them so they could have their privacy. I was a little gobsmacked about the shower curtains, but had a good giggle about it with the missus. It gets better. Finally met the guy and turns out he's a fireman with one of the local departments, first responder EMT, and all that. Good to know if I have a coronary in my back yard, someone's close. As the weather got cooler that autumn after he cut down most of the blind between our house (which also gave us a direct view of a window in their master bedroom from our deck), more leaves fell off and made it even worse. Not that I was interested, but I found it both amusing and annoying at the same time that he'd done that to both our privacy. I'll admit, it looks better and glad I didn't have to deal with it, but I wasn't really thrilled about his dogs barking at me every time I came out to sit on the deck and have a beer to RELAX. I was sitting on the deck one evening, and saw what I thought was a fire flickering on his deck (a wooden one) and was confirmed the next morning when the wind was blowing and the shower curtains opened enough to see it was a little fire pit similar to one my step-daughter had. They were having a fire on the wooden deck, within 6 feet of the house, which is covered in vinyl siding. I guess anyone can be a fireman. Earlier this year, we were doing a little purging, and I had a 10x12 canopy that my step-daughter had dumped on us after she moved to a new home, and had no intention of using it. I asked if they wanted it, yep, they did, so I carried it over in the bucket of the LX. They had a neat little patio kinda thing set up in their back yard, complete with fire pit, and it's where their young friends all sit around and have a few drinks, etc. They're never loud, so they don't bother me, except for the dogs. They're LOUD, extremely, despite the young couple trying to keep them trained and disciplined. The next day, we see them putting up the nylon canvased pergola right over top of their fire pit, and they even hung hammocks that were obviously made from some kind of synthetic fiber, and most probably extremely flammable. All of which are within 4-5 feet of the CENTER of the fire pit, which is centered under the pergola. Again, I guess anyone can be a fireman. I have a feeling we're in for a rude awakening when the local fire department has to come to his house to put out a fire. How embarrassing would that be? They seem to be good kids, but geez, I have a feeling he's testing Darwin's theories out over there.
"young"....meaning that they likely have yet to experience some bad things!

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
"young"....meaning that they likely have yet to experience some bad things!
He actually went to school with my oldest stepson. Kinda weird when the kids that went to school with your kids start filling up the neighborhood you've been living in for 20 years. Kinda paints the writing on the wall, so to speak. So he's young, late 20's early 30's definitely, and definitely industrious with the yard. But surely there's some kind of testing for firemen? I'm an electrical engineer, and I had to take fire safety classes every year for 40 years. I'll have to presume he knows what he's doing, but I'll also keep the battery charged in my phone so I can call 911 when the time comes. Like I said, nice enough guy, but some of the things he does with fire worry me a little.

A couple weeks ago, he was digging a trench to extend a discharge line from a sump pump in his basement and was having a pretty rough time with the roots from trees he had cut a couple years ago. Having done that myself to bury some wire in my yard before I got the LX, I offered to help him out by ripping a cut for him. Between the hard clay and the tree roots, digging in these yards is NOT a pleasant experience. I put the sub-soiler on the LX and ripped a furrow for him about 50 feet long in about 5 minutes breaking all the roots to make his digging a bit easier. He was pretty happy with that. I don't have anything to trench with, or I woulda done it. A middle buster would have been perfect for that. I figured out a long time ago that if you want good neighbors, ya gotta be a good neighbor. Probably didn't cost me any more than about a buck for the diesel and 20 minutes of my time to swap out the QH and the subsoiler.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Believe it or not, around here they have heated seats.
The heated seats are great for keeping the pizza hot on the way home. Just need to angle the seat so the box sits flat and the cheese doesn't all move to one side.
pizza being carried vertically.jpg

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Jay Leno went into the audience to find the most embarrassing first date that a woman ever had. The winner described her worst first date experience. There was absolutely no question as to why her tale took the prize!

She said it was midwinter, snowing and quite cold... and the guy had taken her skiing in the mountains outside Salt Lake City, Utah. It was a day trip (no overnight).
They were strangers, after all, and had never met before. The outing was fun but relatively uneventful until they were headed home late that afternoon. They were driving back down the mountain when she gradually began to realize that she should not have had that extra latte !!
They were about an hour away from anywhere with a restroom and in the middle of nowhere! Her companion suggested she try to hold it, which she did for a while.
Unfortunately, because of the heavy snow and slow going, there came a point where she told him that he had better stop and let her go beside the road, or it would be the front seat of his car.
They stopped and she quickly crawled out beside the car, yanked her pants down and started. In the deep snow she didn't have good footing, so she let her butt rest against the rear fender to steady herself.
Her companion stood on the side of the car watching for traffic and indeed was a real gentleman and refrained from peeking. All she could think about was the relief she felt despite the rather embarrassing nature of the situation.

Upon finishing, however, she soon became aware of another sensation. As she bent to pull up her pants, the young lady discovered her buttocks were firmly glued against the car's fender.
Thoughts of tongues frozen to poles immediately came to mind as she attempted to disengage her flesh from the icy metal. It was quickly apparent that she had a brand new problem, due to the extreme cold.
Horrified by her plight and yet aware of the humor of the moment, she answered her date's concerns about' what is taking so long' with a reply that indeed, she was 'freezing her butt off' and in need of some assistance!

He came around the car as she tried to cover herself with her sweater and then, as she looked imploringly into his eyes, he burst out laughing. She too got the giggles and when they finally managed to compose themselves, they assessed her dilemma. Obviously, as hysterical as the situation was, they also were faced with a real problem.

Both agreed it would take something hot to free her chilly cheeks from the grip of the icy metal! Thinking about what had gotten her into the predicament in the first place, both quickly realized that there was only one way to get her free. So, as she looked the other way, her first-time date proceeded to unzip his pants and pee her butt off the fender.

As the audience screamed in laughter, she took the Tonight Show prize hands down. Or perhaps that should be 'pants down'. And you thought your first date was embarrassing.
Jay Leno's comment..... 'This gives a whole new meaning to being pissed off.'
Oh, and how did the first date turn out? He became her husband and was sitting next to her on the Leno show.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Really I mean how many options can you put on a buggie ?
In my area, they are big into LED lighting. Makes sense to go with max light and minimum current since everything is powered from a battery that gets charged at home. Guess they have something in common with Tesla. Before LED's they'd have a pair of dim white headlights and a pair of filament-type blinking red lights on the rear. Now some of them have more rear lights than a lot of fancied-up semi trucks. Headlights are almost as offensive as those on Jeep/Ram. Here's a picture of the instrument panel of an "open station" buggy that was at Costco.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
In my area, they are big into LED lighting. Makes sense to go with max light and minimum current since everything is powered from a battery that gets charged at home. Guess they have something in common with Tesla. Before LED's they'd have a pair of dim white headlights and a pair of filament-type blinking red lights on the rear. Now some of them have more rear lights than a lot of fancied-up semi trucks. Headlights are almost as offensive as those on Jeep/Ram. Here's a picture of the instrument panel of an "open station" buggy that was at Costco.
Saw one in Holmes County, Ohio that had a solar panel on it, and LED lights. Brake lights and turn signals are pretty common. Waiting to see one with lights on the horse's harness...

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
There’s an Amish hardware store near me that sells all of the parts to run lights on their buggies. They run them with M18 Milwaukee or 20V Dewalt batteries. The store also sells every Milwaukee and Dewalt cordless tool made. I’ve spent my fair share of money there.