What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Just finished up the 50 hr service. Went well for the most part and I forgot to use the vacuum on the fill port for hydraulic so that was fun refilling and draining and repeat till I got it right. One other thing with the engine oil It would only take about somewhere between 5.5-6 quarts not the full 6, is this normal? No matter what I did it right over the full hole in the dipstick. I angled it to check it, flat ground, inclined and the same level with maybe minute differences.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Being an eternal optimist, I removed the snowblower and parked it for the summer in one of the equipment bays. Moved the snow pusher in front of it and will give the rotary cutter a cleaning and service. Just another day puttering around and loving every minute of it. Most likely take the sxs after lunch for a few hours of bush time to see if the bears are waking up. View attachment 125264 View attachment 125265 View attachment 125266
@Moose7060 - - that's great.

I no more than took the blower off my tractor and the Weather Channel is now yelling about a snow storm for the northeast next Wednesday-Thursday......

Was going to work up the driveway today, but now reluctant to do so if there's significant snow coming.

Geez..... :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
@Moose7060 - - that's great.

I no more than took the blower off my tractor and the Weather Channel is now yelling about a snow storm for the northeast next Wednesday-Thursday......

Was going to work up the driveway today, but now reluctant to do so if there's significant snow coming.

Geez..... :oops:
I'm leaving mine on, that way I can't be blamed for the storm😊

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I had to fiddle with my loader for awhile because one of the cylinders was extended farther out than the other.
Easy fix. Just leave the hose disconnected and push on on cylinder. The other will extend. I was surprised how easy it is to move the cylinders without power to them. I disassembled my loader last year to clean off excess grease in places that are hard to get to. It was quite easy to move the cylinders.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
My nephew and I did the 400 hour service on the L3560. Costly service, Kubota very proud of their fluid, just wish they would put some dye in it to make it easier to see on the stick. Everything went smooth with the service and was glad to not find any issues.

Afterwards, serviced the rotary mower and got it hooked up and mowed for a couple of hours.

Reactions: 3 users

BottomlessBucket

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880
We raked out flower beds with the help of our Bottomless Bucket. This huge volume, lightweight bucket makes chores like this go so much faster because we can capture all the fallen debris (a cubic yard at a time) in just a few loads and drive it to the compost pile where we can dump it right out of the bucket. It works so much better than bucket extenders, and trailers because it can be maneuvered much easier, it keeps the material in the bucket, dumps easily, and only weighs 160LBS on the FEL letting us load up to 600 LBS of debris. We use this implement more than the forks, the steel bucket and plow attachment combined. It's an amazing implement!

Attachments

• Dislike

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
We raked out flower beds with the help of our Bottomless Bucket. This huge volume, lightweight bucket makes chores like this go so much faster because we can capture all the fallen debris (a cubic yard at a time) in just a few loads and drive it to the compost pile where we can dump it right out of the bucket. It works so much better than bucket extenders, and trailers because it can be maneuvered much easier, it keeps the material in the bucket, dumps easily, and only weighs 160LBS on the FEL letting us load up to 600 LBS of debris. We use this implement more than the forks, the steel bucket and plow attachment combined. It's an amazing implement!
Haha, Worked on your flowerbeds... a couple years ago.

Might be best to market your product with new pictures/story.

Don't BS us.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
No more than took snowblower off last week and a couple days later they’re yelling snow storm in parts of northeast…..:mad:

Marginal temperatures and we’re in the valley. Maybe 3-6” or so in forecast for us.

Fetched back blade. Have loader on also.

Had to do some searching for lower pin bushings.

IMG_6702.jpeg

Sawburner

Equipment
L2501, Gravely 526
Dec 18, 2022
NY
I took my back blade off today then watched the weather report during supper 🤦‍♂️. Going to just use the bucket if we actually get what they are calling for.

Reactions: 4 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I took my back blade off today then watched the weather report during supper 🤦‍♂️. Going to just use the bucket if we actually get what they are calling for.
Me too. Every year I do this to myself!
I see both of you guys are from NYS like me.

Looks like western NY is minimal. Central, north and eastern NY more dicey, depending on elevation.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Our property south of the creek has three ridges that run north/south like fingers off a plateau as it falls off into the creek bottom. There was an old logging trail we had always kept clear on the middle ridge. The houses are on the eastern most ridge. The western ridge (which we’ve always referred to as the third ridge) never had any trails of any sort. No matter which way you went, it was a pretty decent uphill hike to the spine of the ridge. Partly because we own enough of the plateau to get to the first two ridges from the top or bottom but to get to the third, you have to climb up from the trail that runs parallel to the creek down in the bottom.

I was at my father’s house a few months before he passed and he, out of the blue, said he’d always wanted a trail up the third ridge but for some reason he’d just walked it when he had a reason to go up there and now he wouldn’t ever be able to get up there again. Asked him if he really still wanted to be able to ride his 4 wheeler up there. He said he did but that would take a lot of work, the bottom was too wet to be slogging around with a tractor, and he didn’t have any good reason to justify that amount of work. Told him it wasn’t too wet for the Mule and no good reason was needed, so we went for a ride and scoped out a slope that he figured he could still handle with his 4 wheeler. Chainsaw and a couple hours the next day we had a trail that was just barely straight enough and wide enough to cram a 2 door Mule through. His 4 wheeler fit just swell so long as you went slow. No way a tractor bigger than a BX would have a chance.

Well, that was a couple years ago and one of the issues with trails too narrow and or twisty for the tractor to fit is you can’t use the tractor to maintain them. We’d had a couple decent size trees half fall across the third ridge trail so it seemed like a good time for a bit of an upgrade.
IMG_2134.jpeg

Between the skidding winch, grapple, and chainsaw, the L now can make it to the end of the trail. Had to take out several trees under 3” and a couple more in the 6” range, but nothing big. Still pretty tight for the L but that’s OK.
IMG_2135.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY

Looks like western NY is minimal. Central, north and eastern NY more dicey, depending on elevation.
Yeah I’m at 1800’ near the MA/VT boarder (on the Rensselaer Plateau). I like snow, but come April I’m ready to be done with it! I took my back blade off and put my backhoe on the other day. I’ll just use the front snow pusher for this one.

Reactions: 2 users

Sawburner

Equipment
L2501, Gravely 526
Dec 18, 2022
NY

Just east of Binghamton along I88. I moved some dirt and needed my counter weight, for a raised flower bed and G scale trains. 🚂

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
did a brush and stump clearing job with the mini-ex on saturday for a client nearby. Pulled out 4 dump truck loads of junk. While dumping the second load at my burn pile, my fuel gage on the Ram went to "E". While investigating the cause (dump body in raised position), I lightly grabbed the fuel line from the pump...snap!. Fuel (gasoline) shout out of the break in the line. F'me. Now what?

Luckily, I had the other dump truck stored here from the plumbing company. Used that to finish the job and with the help of the client, I was able to tow my disabled truck to may garage. New pump assembly on order.

The U-27 did a great job on the stumps (most were in the 12-15" diameter). I gave the client a full day's worth of work. I left with approximately another 24 stumps to do but suggested that I grind them instead. I just don't have any more room to store them until I can get them burnt up.

I didn't take a single picture. :(

Reactions: 4 users