Recent content by Russell King

  1. R

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    Thinking more about the turning problem you have and wanting to remove the loader (which eliminates the ability to lift the front mounted mower in your current configuration). Since you have hydraulics and a welder and are clever… Can you come up with some hydraulic cylinder that lifts the...
  2. R

    Alternator L1500

    The regulator is the old rectangular style that has a black cover on it and a silver base. Probably abo 3 inches long, 2 inches wide and 3 inches tall. It is pretty hidden on the L185 under the cowl and behind the firewall. You may be able to remove the firewall and see it but I recall that...
  3. R

    Talk Sense to Me about Pallet Fork Capacity

    Not sure what the road, ditch, fence arrangement is but you may be able to remove some of the fence and get the trucks into the property. I have had to do that a couple of times but I have fairly flat road/ditch/property. The only worry is if it has been raining and the resulting mud/slick...
  4. R

    Wheeled flail mower

    Can you just carry the mower the whole time and just use the rollers to no scalp in dips and rises? I recall a couple of people stating they would mow above the stated max height by carrying the mower on the three point. I believe one of them was @North Idaho Wolfman and the other is from east...
  5. R

    Alternator L1500

    My similar L185 has an alternator with an external voltage regulator. The regulator is up under the dash cowling.
  6. R

    Tying into the tractor hydraulics

    Here is the connection block on my L185F. Does the same thing as your side/top block cover! The red steel line comes from the pump. The block cover diverts it to the red fitting. That goes to a rear remote valve. The blue 90 degree fitting is the power beyond from the valve. That goes onto the...
  7. R

    Tying into the tractor hydraulics

    See this thread post #1 for a SIMILAR block tap on a different model of tractor. It will help you understand what the new cover does. I believe yours will be a different shape and in a different location. On my L185 the same cover is attached to a block in the tube as it passes over the...
  8. R

    Kubota MX6000 Air conditioning problem

    @Bee-Positive I recall another thread about a similar pulley that turned out was just placed there to protect something from the belt (not to tension the belt). Are you 100% positive it is for tension on this model tractor? Or are you just assuming it is from the other 99.99% of assemblies...
  9. R

    l175

    I have a similar vintage L185F. Many parts are still available from dealer and aftermarket. You are correct that some parts are obsolete but those can often be gotten from a salvage yard. The head is the main problem part since they can be cracked by overheating and they are hard to find. I...
  10. R

    Fuel supply problems on my B9200 HST

    This is the advice you may have ignored. Here in the USA it would probably be sent off to a professional repair shop like or they may have one for sale. https://oregonfuelinjection.com/ Perhaps there is a local shop that can rebuild it for you since they will have the specialized equipment to...
  11. R

    B3300 and brush hog

    I think you have position control for the three point hitch. That means you can set the lift height in many places. The lowest setting will be for underground implements like plows. Then there is often a large movement of the lever before the three point arms begin to lift. Once they start...
  12. R

    Fuel supply problems on my B9200 HST

    You might want to be sure that when you took the lines between the injection pump and the injectors that didn’t mess up the fuel delivery. I am not sure it applies to your tractor but sometimes that gets messed up by accidentally rotating the larger nut under the fuel line nut. I think you may...
  13. R

    Kubota T1880 Won't Drive

    Any of those cleaners would probably work. Read the can for what it was intended for and then see how it works on a small area. Just be careful to not get it on the external finish paint of the vehicle. They can make the finish look bad/dull.
  14. R

    Kubota T1880 Won't Drive

    If you are trying to fix an oil leak the yes it could be the oil pressure sending unit. The two names you state are the same part (as far as my experience knows). I would buy two cans of the spray. But it evaporates quickly so you need to spray then wipe an area, not spray, wait and wipe...
  15. R

    2005 BX23D HST issues

    What fluid (exactly) did you put in it?