Recent content by RMS

  1. RMS

    M4 Radiator Screen, other issues

    My LX2610 has the same design for that screen. On it, there are "shields" on the sides that are moved out of the way that make it easier to remove/install the flexible screen.
  2. RMS

    Bucket teeth and removing the FEL on a BX2380

    I have a tooth bar on my bucket (not BXpanded but another brand I can't recall the name of) and I leave it on the bucket when removing/installing the loader.
  3. RMS

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    What a day yesterday. I got the new 4' hoses made on Thursday and installed them and routed them to keep out of harm's way. Along with other things going on, I didn't get back to the machine until yesterday. First thing I did was check the hydraulic fluid and found I lost more than I originally...
  4. RMS

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I got to use the mulching head on my mini-ex yesterday. The hoses that came with it are 6' long and I had them bungied together and looped in a manner to try and keep them out of harms way. Try is the optimum word here. After 3 hours of work and constantly watching the hoses and being careful, I...
  5. RMS

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    Hard to tell from the pictures, but could you attach/fabricate an SSQA plate on the back side of the mower that would hit a sweet spot that would have your loader frame high enough that it misses the pto shaft but is not too high to restrict your sight? I'm not a fabricator, but I have been...
  6. RMS

    Right Side Step for LX4020

    I often access those 3 control levers through the right side door. I have also moved the tractor by pressing gently on the pedal (just enough without hitting the safety switch)when lining up the 3-point.
  7. RMS

    Lifting Hook on an Excavator bucket

    I'm thinking about having a lifting hook welded onto my excavator bucket and not sure just where would be a good attachment spot. Anybody have pictures of where they have added one? The main reason is that I use the excavator to help stand my rotary cutter on end for storage and I am getting...
  8. RMS

    Kubota Z422KWTNC-60

    I have the Z421 with a 60" deck (only difference that I know of is not coming with the suspension seat) and I really like the machine. It seems to be good on fuel and does everything I need it to do. 2-1/2 seasons of cutting so far and no issues.
  9. RMS

    LX2620 cab - what are all the blank switch covers for?

    If it is like my LX2610, they are there for the regen stuff needed on the larger machines of that series.
  10. RMS

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Got some practice with the mulcher head. I'm still learning how to operate the excavator and adding the mulcher makes it even more interesting.
  11. RMS

    Thoughts on financing

    When I bought my tractor in the fall of 2021, I paid cash and got a discount on the price because of that. I don't remember the amount, but it wasn't "huge". Now in 2025 I bought my KX-033 and decided to go with the 0 % for 36 months offered then along with the KTAC insurance. I could have paid...
  12. RMS

    PTO Speed

    Not sure about the RPM's, but are you checking and cleaning the radiator while brush hogging? The radiators seem to clog up more during brush hogging than any other time for me. There are plenty of posts here on overheating due to clogged radiator fins and the damage that can occur.
  13. RMS

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Nice looking job. Can you explain how/what you screwed the mount into on the roof?
  14. RMS

    New grapple design with no 3rd function needed.

    Westendorf makes a grapple that doesn't need a 3rd function also https://www.loaders.com/Brush-Crusher/Brush-Crusher/BC-4300-.
  15. RMS

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    The bell in the picture with your zero turn reminds me of the bell we had in our yard growing up. My mother used to ring the bell when it was time for us to come home for dinner.