Recent content by Paul Allwood

  1. Paul Allwood

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    The ends of the rear roller got modified this afternoon to help stop them digging in when turning. Before.... Bored holes in a couple of 100 mm NB end caps.... A bit of cutting and grinding.... I'm now glad that @North Idaho Wolfman suggested I drill and weld some spots around the...
  2. Paul Allwood

    A job for the plasma cutter

    Haven't tried that. Next time, thanks.
  3. Paul Allwood

    A job for the plasma cutter

    It's called both lead lighting and stained glass here....depends who you're talking to or what you think of first. The stainless did need a little clean up. I cut the strips using a plywood template. The first cut was done using a spacer. The second cut was done without the spacer without...
  4. Paul Allwood

    A job for the plasma cutter

    My wife has just started to get back into lead lighting after a 35 year break. We teamed up to make a piece for our garden. We'll mount it in some heavy timber and allow the steel plate to rust. I cut the shape in the 12 mm mild steel plate and the 1 mm stainless edge trim with the plasma...
  5. Paul Allwood

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    With a little lifting and some drilling we now have a heavy rubber guard at the front of the mower to stop things being thrown forwards. The closer it gets to finished, the closer I get to having to pull it apart and clean it so I can paint it. Always my least favourite part.
  6. Paul Allwood

    Too fat/lazy/old to unlock your SSQA?????……..Then follow me ;)

    Great job. Glad it worked out as well as you hoped.
  7. Paul Allwood

    Local wildlife

    You seem to have your fair share of snakes. Are they venomous ?
  8. Paul Allwood

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    I needed to drill and tap through the hardened shaft. You can see how deep it is hardened from the change in texture when facing the end. Obviously soft in the middle as I could centre drill it. The hardened section was hard enough that I couldn't scratch it with a file. I tried milling a...
  9. Paul Allwood

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    Haha, thanks.
  10. Paul Allwood

    Front mount flail mower from mid PTO

    Today I re-made the final bit of shaft that goes from the mid PTO to the bearing block I've bolted to the front diff. This is all part of my plan to bring the mower back as close to the front of the tractor as I can. This new piece of shaft only saves me about 2", but I'm thinking every bit will...
  11. Paul Allwood

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Great setup, first for collecting the logs, then for transferring to the bench. Do you use the timber bench to support the logs while you cut them into lengths ready for splitting ? I'd be interested to see your next steps too.
  12. Paul Allwood

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Forks to the rescue again. I used the tractor and forks to lift the mower so I could stand it up vertically to finish welding the belt guard brackets.
  13. Paul Allwood

    Local wildlife

    You either give us more seed or I'll drink your coffee.
  14. Paul Allwood

    BH77 Repair Suggestions

    Is it possible for you to post the pic without your artwork ? Are you also able to find and post an image of what it would look like if it wasn't broken ?
  15. Paul Allwood

    Local wildlife

    We've been overrun by galahs (pink and grey cockatoos). One outside our kitchen window this morning: And another ten outside our dining room: