Recent content by Nicksacco

  1. N

    RTV1140CPX - Oil Filter Relocation ??

    Many thanks Whitetiger - sure enough there are plenty of remote oil filters on ebay!
  2. N

    RTV1140CPX - Oil Filter Relocation ??

    I have been toying with the idea of using a relocation kit because the RTV's oil filter is side mounted on the left side of the engine down just far enough to make it difficult to remove from above or below. Has anyone done this on an RTV or any other machine? Any downsides or reasons for not...
  3. N

    RTV1140CPX Master Brake Cylinder Rebuild

    Hello All- The time came to rebuild the Master Brake Cylinder on the RTV, so I thought I'd make a post for your enjoyment. The job is quite easy and the only special tool required is snap ring remover pliers. So, let's get started: I ordered the kit from Messicks and it comes complete with...
  4. N

    Old Kubota Restoration at Messicks

    Hello All I saw this youtube video posted by Neil at Messicks and it was pretty cool. He's looking for some help too.
  5. N

    Advise on replacing L3301 HST oil cooler line (inlet)

    Did you figure it out yet or do you still need some help? You are referring to this - see diagram
  6. N

    Steering loss

    Hey Gruts - I am assuming that you shut down pretty quick and thus didn't see where the oil was being sprayed from. If that's true, I'd get a helper, fire up the machine (ready to shut down quickly) and see what you can see. Caution is advised because the fluid can come out under a lot of...
  7. N

    Coolant choice and cleaning engine

    I'd like to add that hot water works well too for stubborn areas. I added a hot water outlet specifically for this purpose. Goodluck
  8. N

    Kubota L35 Hard Starting When Cold

    Be very careful taking out the glow plugs. If corroded, they easily snap right off. Yep - it happened to me. I hope that is the starting problem - a relatively easy fix, @Russell King mentioned in the startup video you did, that it looks like maybe a cylinder is late to the party. It appears...
  9. N

    Kubota L35 Hard Starting When Cold

    Have you checked the injectors? The injectors are very easy to take apart and clean. A problem with something downstream such as fuel filter, water in diesel could also be the issue. Is the battery able to spin the engine over quickly...
  10. N

    Kubota L35 TLB - Gear Shift Change Mechanism

    Thanks @Stacy73 ! I'm glad you're back to work with the L35.
  11. N

    RTV X900 HST Repair

    Wow! Goodluck to you.
  12. N

    New RTV - issues even with fuel treatment

    I wonder if there is water in the tank that has made its way into the injectors (from either or both contamination or condensation). Maybe check the fuel filter for signs of water. I'm not familiar with Delta diesel - is that a brand name?
  13. N

    Dipper snapped

    The break is remarkably straight! Welding will repair that however I would carefully inspect the interior. The metal reinforcements should be cut to ensure proper overlap and yet look good once painted. Goodluck with it.
  14. N

    BX transmission cooling fan

    Hi all Neil Messick has a new video about a 2-piece cooling fan that makes replacement much simpler. For those operating BX machines this seems like a great idea. Y'all might want to check your fan to see it's operating properly and undamaged.
  15. N

    L35 - BT900 Separation and Derusting

    Needle Scaler. Wen's tiny sander Next project is the restoration and derusting of the front of the tractor, where the steering cylinder and hydraulic pump are.