Recent content by johnjk

  1. johnjk

    What's cookin' boys?

    Not much cooking here. Plate of sliced tomatoes with cheese, olive oil and a little S&P
  2. johnjk

    Local wildlife

  3. johnjk

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Well, it was dry enough to get most of the grass cut. Took the B1700 for a spin and knocked it down. First time in two weeks.
  4. johnjk

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Broke out the B3200 and did some prep to drop some standing dead ash. Needed to get the invasive roses and olives out so I can get to them with a chainsaw. One of these days I’m gonna rent a skid steer with a brush head and make it an easier process than backing up with the brush hog. Now I...
  5. johnjk

    What's cookin' boys?

    Stopped by Sam’s on Saturday and they had a good price on pork belly. Did I need it? No. Do I have several in the freezer? Yup. My justification was that these were not frozen. Do I need to cure more bacon? No. Am I? Yup. Any other questions? Off to the fridge for 10 days.
  6. johnjk

    What's cookin' boys?

    Reward for mowing. Leftover wings with some green devil home made hot sauce. Hot from mowing and now I’m on fire.
  7. johnjk

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Got the 1700 lubed up, a stick lit and off to airboat. We got .6” yesterday and it is all still on top of the ground.
  8. johnjk

    What's cookin' boys?

    Well I had self control and left them for 4 days in the marinade. I was pleasantly surprised at the results. Great flavor, a bit of heat and not too salty. Less issues with the fire as well since there was minimal oil in the marinade. Definitely a keeper. Grabbed some maters between showers and...
  9. johnjk

    What's cookin' boys?

    Found myself with a taste for wings but the wife is out of town watching the grandkids and I don’t feel like driving an hour to get what I need and get back so here is something a bit different. The wings are off my meat birds so I had to cut the drummies and flats and discard the flappers. I...
  10. johnjk

    Telephone etiquette

    You must make next payment with google play cards. Yeah. No thanks
  11. johnjk

    Telephone etiquette

    Phone calls? I have my mobile set to send all unknown callers to voicemail. 99.99% don’t leave a message. If you are not in my contacts list and it is important you will leave a message and I Will call you back.
  12. johnjk

    What's cookin' boys?

    Smoked chicken with Hatch Chili salsa and potato salad
  13. johnjk

    What's cookin' boys?

    Smoked chicken half for dinner. Made some Hatch Chili salsa to add on when we eat
  14. johnjk

    It's been sorta quite around OTT recently

    My son lives in Bellefontaine and it was pretty bad there as well. Watching the storms build back in on radar as I type this. Looks like they are east of 33. If it rains Saturday, I have a drive shaft on my quad that needs new u joints. May be a good day to work on that.
  15. johnjk

    It's been sorta quite around OTT recently

    My rain gauge today says 11.64 for August. Crazy wet. I had a good 2-3” of standing water 💦 on most of my property Tuesday. Wednesday didn’t help. Best part this morning at work was the popo had the road shut down and barricaded so they could get the drivers out and some idiot goes flying around...