Recent content by jaxs

  1. J

    Charging

    It could be something minor or it could be something major, then it might be a combination. Only way to find out is with a multimeter or hire someone to find it for you.
  2. J

    Starting a B2100

    Were it not for cooler weather coming in on Monday I'd winch it on and bring it home. You can try bleeding and starting. If it's geared rather than HST, it can be pull started. I have two suggestions. #1 Don't keep grinding on starter without giving it a break to cool down. #2 Don't use...
  3. J

    Brand/type of electrical connectors ?

    Shrink tube is the best solution I've found for connections that will not be unplugged. "Quick connect/disconnect" indicates they will be unplugged and plugged, in which case I use dielectric grease.
  4. J

    Operating Temp Question

    If I am mowing in dusty conditions the radiator and tractor gets washed the following day. Make sure engine has cooled down before spraying cold water on it. Otherwise something might crack from sudden temperature change.
  5. J

    Operating Temp Question

    Much good information. May I add my thoughts? Overheating is right up there with the major killers of diesels engines of all colors and sizes. For that reason I upgrade temperature monitoring on all when new. If engine has a diagnostic port, there's plug and play devices that monitor...
  6. J

    You WILL pay 150 dollars for it.....and like it mister!!!!!!!

    I'm still using Craftsman and Sears tools bought between 1965 and 1970 when I worked for them. Returns were sold at employee's catalog store. With their Money Back Guarantee , people would buy power tools and return them after finishing project. My mom would say "Sears had retail by the tail...
  7. J

    An the saga continues

    Me to. He (and unnamed others) might consider selling subscriptions for and annual addition of escapades. I suspect they don't publish pictures here is because they fear one of their tricks shows in background to be stolen. I can say with conviction that no such thieving scoundrels exists...
  8. J

    2013 BX 2370 intermittently blowing the timer/relay fuse. It's highly intermittent.

    I'm sorry for your loss,may you find peace. I wish I could offer a tip for accessing switch.
  9. J

    Telephone etiquette

    I'm with you about people speaking like auctioneers with an accent but am I the only one that gets messages saying "call me" then when I call they ask for an invoice # or something that requires me going to my files? Naturally they don't want to hold while I look the info up but don't...
  10. J

    need to dig shallow trenches - no backhoe

    AS they say, there's more than one way of skinning cats. Looks like that also holds true for shallow trenches. Now to figure out the best way to fill them in when no longer needed.
  11. J

    Everything Attachments says on Fb they are back

    It's the game if game is what it's called. The "game" allows people to go through live without taking full responsibility for their actions. How many repeat criminal offenders can you name that paid attorneys for defending them? Were I to start life over with knowledge I've gained in this...
  12. J

    Everything Attachments says on Fb they are back

    Bankruptcies are often nothing more than glorified stealing. No company should ever be allowed to reorganize and start over until past debts and obligations are paid off. An air conditioning contractor was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to install equipment in our church. He filed...
  13. J

    M7040 Compressor Failure?

    Please forgive me, I didn't recognize the switch amongst parts and mistook metal lines in background as a lawn chair. But you did say everything and that would include switch and metal line it screws into. Glad you have everything under control. (y)
  14. J

    M7040 Compressor Failure?

    Several wags have been made so another shouldn't hurt. I suggest you either test and confirm that pressure switch is good or simply replace it if cost is reasonable. System must be dry of refrigerant before replacing switch so best do it now than later if it's bad. My reasoning is that...
  15. J

    need to dig shallow trenches - no backhoe

    Rocks,roots,sand,clay,hard or soft, that will go where no bucket dares and live to tell about it.