Recent content by g_man

  1. g_man

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Yes, I block it up on the table with the splitter nearby. Some times I split it and stack it - And some times I split it into the bucket and stack it in the shed - gg
  2. g_man

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    During the summer if I get a hardwood blow down across a trail I just move it off and leave it trailside. I end up with bits of firewood spread all over. Then on a nice day like today when I am in the mood I go out and pick some of it up. This is my 4th stop. White Birch on top of some Red Maple...
  3. g_man

    L6060 Front Axle Oil

    That ( 80W-90 ) is what I have been using in both my tractors for about 7 years now. gg
  4. g_man

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Thank you for the info @Sidekick. You covered it very well. I would not have thought to ask about battery life or cost. The newer battery equipment is amazing. gg
  5. g_man

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I am interested in those battery saws. I used to think they were to good to be true and must be toys. But I am changing my mind after seeing a bunch of comments like yours. About how many cuts can you make on wood like you have piled on your ATV can you make on one charge ? Thanks. BTW - Nice...
  6. g_man

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    That's a good thought but I am pretty sure it was a log. When we first came here after a few years a couple logs were pushed up by the frost and I dug them out. This was previously a log landing and I am thinking that when they cleaned it up and graded it off some stuff got buried. gg
  7. g_man

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I did a simple little job with the L3010 today but I need to tell a story first. Out in the woods there is an old cellar hole on our place that dates back to the first homesteaders that came here soon after the town was incorporated in 1780. It doesn't look like much now. The the rock structure...
  8. g_man

    DYI Suitcase Weights for BX series

    ^^^^ Thanks - I didn't think about an indoor range. I only pictured an outdoor range like our local one with sand bank back stops. gg
  9. g_man

    DYI Suitcase Weights for BX series

    I love your ingenuity. Especially the range lead part. What was involved in "scooping up a bunch of range lead". Nice work and clean design !! gg
  10. g_man

    New Member, new (old) tractor.

    Welcome !!! gg
  11. g_man

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Last winter's frost pushed up a couple rocks that I thought should be removed before this plow season. I like to poke around at them with a 5' bar first. Many I can get out with just the bar but not this one. My narrow Frost Bite grapple does a good job. I can penetrate down into the road to...
  12. g_man

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Paul you should have included a link to your mower build thread. It adds a lot of insight to what you have accomplished. Pretty amazing I think. https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/threads/front-mount-flail-mower-from-mid-pto.79725/ Hope you don't mind me putting that in gg
  13. g_man

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Good job on your drive !! Your well driller must have had some bad experiences or your lot is softer than it looks but I guess you can't blame him. When we had ours done they drove over what was there. Ended up going down 440'. Well was over on the right side of the picture before it drops down...
  14. g_man

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Yes that is my M5640. The picture is from July 2019. The logs are Eastern White Pine which is fairly light being soft wood. They are from a tree that the top blew out of and I salvaged the logs. They have an average diameter of 23 to 24 inches and 12'-6" long so according to the log weight...
  15. g_man

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Good video Paul ! Shows off your mower pretty well - I like it. gg