Recent content by DaveFromMi

  1. DaveFromMi

    Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

    The orange cat refuses to move.
  2. DaveFromMi

    Keep blowing up radiators

    I worked at an auto company several years. A new no leak (no jiggle pin) thermostat was being tested for production and had made it in several test vehicles. We had reports of heater and rad hoses blowing off and dumping coolant. Not sure of the driving pattern, but it was aggressive...
  3. DaveFromMi

    What is this called?

    I think it's called a duckbill.
  4. DaveFromMi

    M7040 Compressor Failure?

    Did the new compressor come with a full charge of PAG oil for your specific tractor or do you have to add oil? Too much oil in system can reduce performance; too little can destroy the compressor.
  5. DaveFromMi

    Bushman Utility Jugs

    I got one of these as a gift from Home Depot. They are $7 each, made in USA, have a nice vent valve, and color red is just a coincidence. Has anyone stored non potable water or hazardous vehicle fluids with these? Heard they also come in yellow.
  6. DaveFromMi

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Today I mowed off some overgrown trails. Tomorrow, around some out buildings and a corn field. I'll give the johnson grass another day to die.
  7. DaveFromMi

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    This afternoon, I mowed off a pasture of about 2 months old narley weeds. Probably half the time, I mowed in 3rd gear. The other half 2nd and a while in first. Mostly the mower was the limiting factor as far as speed, but I almost killed the tractor once in 2nd gear.
  8. DaveFromMi

    Removal of DPF filter?

    Dilbert Rule: If it's not broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
  9. DaveFromMi

    It's been sorta quite around OTT recently

    Been plenty of rain in the mid/lower Ohio Valley. Had been out of state a while and wayyy behind on mowing meadows, trails, and around fields. Will do some of that tomorrow. When I got back home, the rain gauge was pegged at 8". That was from one storm.
  10. DaveFromMi

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    The plan is to kill the trees (what's left of them) this fall and the kid will get the firewood in a couple of years.Have to kill the roots. It's about the best all nighter fire wood you can get.
  11. DaveFromMi

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    I am working on eradicating this tree from the property. My kid fabricated steel slip on shoes to get the firewood on some trees he cut.
  12. DaveFromMi

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Previously, I mowed, plowed, and tilled a patch of level land to get some fill dirt. The soil around our house has been settling since we moved in about 7 yrs ago. The fill dirt is about the same elevation as a nearby corn field. Good quality topsoil. A neighbor with a dump truck and a skid...
  13. DaveFromMi

    What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

    Today I mowed some trails near the house.
  14. DaveFromMi

    FLYs

    I accidentally bought the one on the right by error. I thought it was for yellow jackets. I hung it up about 3 days ago and it's near full of flies. I hung the second one yesterday. Ingredients: egg solids sucrose Yeast Just add water and it's pretty ripe in about 3 hrs. Directions say to use...
  15. DaveFromMi

    Whos into home grown

    After the corn and beans are gone, I'm going to plant a fall garden. Will probably plant spinach, lettuce and kale.