Recent content by Bobofett

  1. B

    Alternator L1500

    How do I know the difference between an alternator and a dynamo? Never heard of a dynamo except on this site. Someone educate me.
  2. B

    Alternator L1500

    Thanks for the good advice. Just a side note: I am also on a Jeep forum, which is helpful for solving problems with my Jeeps, but my Jeep friends are sometimes sensitive to my questions. Some tend to be very opinionated and not wanting to help, but to scold. This forum seems to answer my...
  3. B

    Alternator L1500

    That's what I would like to do, but it is getting harder in my area to find someone to rebuild an alternator. When I was younger, it was standard procedure.
  4. B

    Alternator L1500

    Thank you for your response and the part number. Yours is the first 4-prong I've seen, and that is what mine needs. The only problem is not with your part; it is with my lack of desire to spend $225 dollars for the correct part. I have noticed the 3-prong alternators are about half the price...
  5. B

    Alternator L1500

    I am new to orange tractor talks but not new to this tractor. I want to convert my alternator from a 4 pin alternator to a 3 pin. What should I do?