Work Lights

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
OK..I know its not the prettiest...but it works. The headlights on my B7500 are worthless, and with the FEL, even worse. So I needed some lights for the snow season. I bought 2 LED 27w from ebay, and used some unistrut that I had on hand. Since I use the tractor for bush hogging and clearing brush, I wanted something I could remove easily, since they wouldnt last long in the woods. I tried them on the ROPS, but didnt like the glare that I got with the lights behind be. I notched the unistrut to fit over the FEL bracket, then attached with the FEL cross brace bolt. Wiring was a toggle switch on the dash, relay, and two, 2wire trailer plugs. To remove the lights, I just unplug, remove one bolt, and lift off. I could have made it prettier, but i settled for functional. Lotsa light for aroud $60 total investment.

Attachments

Last edited:

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
mine are in the same spot but 4 foot lower. lol
I also used the 2 prong sae connectors.
You should warn you neighbors before heading out on the road they might call in a UFO sighting.

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
mine are in the same spot but 4 foot lower. lol
I also used the 2 prong sae connectors.
You should warn you neighbors before heading out on the road they might call in a UFO sighting.

LOL..Those sucker ARE bright. I was going to go with 54w lights, which were almost exactly 2x the price of the 27"s. I figured Id try the 27's first, and if need be, I could double up later. I bought the "spot" instead of the "flood". Im pleased.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I like it! After all, you're looking for light for the winter, right? You'll get more light than I will, no doubt.

I put mine on over the last couple weeks - there's a thread for it. Mine are not rocket science, either.

All in, I had $70 in my project with 2 halogens. Your cost is great with LED, no less!