2nd time my grille guard bent and loader stand bolt bent.

jwolfet

Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2026
48
43
18
VA
I wasn't doing anything rough - just digging up dirt and this happened. I think the loader is getting a bit tweaked when i dig in and curl. So off to Kubota to get another bolt ($50) spacer, washer and a new lock nut for good measure - however I can't tell what is causing this - this is the only annoying thing about my tractor i've come accross. It cut my day short because that bolt kept hitting the bent brush guard. I plan on replacing it with an aftermarket brush guard. This got me thinking what else should I be looking at ?

1790560081328.png
 
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 user

hagrid

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
1,222
1,844
113
Pittsburgh
Need more snaps. Detail both sides of the brush guard, plz. Hoist the boom all the way up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 users

BAP

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
3,199
1,315
113
New Hampshire
What model Tractor? What model Loader? Pretty hard to give help with the only information being Kubota.
 

GeoHorn

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
6,911
4,241
113
Texas
Hard to fix things like this over the internet.… I’ll venture you’ll have to take it to the dealer who mounted all that equipment.
 

Bee-Positive

Well-known member

Equipment
BX1880, Cab, FEL, Tooth Bar, MMM, QH, Ballast Box
Nov 16, 2022
1,176
1,087
113
Amsterdam, NY
First of all as BAP said - what tractor and loader do you have? Put that information in your profile at least.

Second your grill guard mount is clearly bent. Did that to mine, took a big pipe wrench and bent it back. I took the loader and the guard off to make it easier. Had to bend it back just a bit further than vertical since it has a little springiness too it. Took a bit of effort / standing on it. Should be about 1/2" - 3/4" from the guard. Look at the other side for reference.


Brush Gaurd.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

jwolfet

Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2026
48
43
18
VA
First of all as BAP said - what tractor and loader do you have? Put that information in your profile at least.

Second your grill guard mount is clearly bent. Did that to mine, took a big pipe wrench and bent it back. I took the loader and the guard off to make it easier. Had to bend it back just a bit further than vertical since it has a little springiness too it. Took a bit of effort / standing on it. Should be about 1/2" - 3/4" from the guard. Look at the other side for reference.


View attachment 179796
I mentioned prior it was a BX23s (just bought so i guess bx23s1). But yes i noticed that the grill gaurd mount broke - however this isn't the first time that loader stand bolt (you can see it bent in the picture) got bent - not sure how that happened - just noticed it after i was done digging up around a stump before i got to it with the backhoe. This has been the most annoying (2nd re-occurence) of this tractor. I don't see anything being misaligned. When I replaced it the 2nd time - i did use an aftermarket bolt which is a bit longer - but it happened with the original bolt. I just bought the new hardware, but looking to avoid this happening again. I read somewhere that the grille guard on these are pretty prone to this and that I should look into an aftermarket one. Not sure what everyones experience has been.
 

Bee-Positive

Well-known member

Equipment
BX1880, Cab, FEL, Tooth Bar, MMM, QH, Ballast Box
Nov 16, 2022
1,176
1,087
113
Amsterdam, NY
I bent mine by running into a tree while turning (going forward while looking backwards) without the loader on. :rolleyes:

Maybe you got a stump root up into it or a good size stick. Bend it back and don't run into things...all should be good, they don't typically move without provocation.

The type of after market guard, insert vs total replacement, would determine if it's better or not.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

jwolfet

Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2026
48
43
18
VA
I bent mine by running into a tree while turning (going forward while looking backwards) without the loader on. :rolleyes:

Maybe you got a stump root up into it or a good size stick. Bend it back and don't run into things...all should be good, they don't typically move without provocation.

The type of after market guard, insert vs total replacement, would determine if it's better or not.
This is what I am looking at for a replacement: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BSVH72PF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1?smid=A2MA49J4B68Y70&th=1
 

Bee-Positive

Well-known member

Equipment
BX1880, Cab, FEL, Tooth Bar, MMM, QH, Ballast Box
Nov 16, 2022
1,176
1,087
113
Amsterdam, NY
That should solve your problem, looks beefy in the pictures, and not a bad price.

I like how you pull the pin to tilt the guard forward. The OEM clips that hold the factory guard are a major fail for Kubota. One of mine is totally not there anymore (the side I bent with the tree) so it rattles at certain RPM's.

Not sure if I'd trust the ring as a tie-down for trailering and the hitch sleave looks short, depends on the hitch I imagine. Nice chain hook too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

jwolfet

Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2026
48
43
18
VA
That should solve your problem, looks beefy in the pictures, and not a bad price.

I like how you pull the pin to tilt the guard forward. The OEM clips that hold the factory guard are a major fail for Kubota. One of mine is totally not there anymore (the side I bent with the tree) so it rattles at certain RPM's.

Not sure if I'd trust the ring as a tie-down for trailering and the hitch sleave looks short, depends on the hitch I imagine. Nice chain hook too.
I wouldn't be buying it primarily for that - but nice ot have - i'd judge when i see int person - people claim that they are pretty well built/solid so i'll see. My Guess is that the brush guard is moving around just enough for it to get caught by the loader stand bolt (that keeps it locked up right) and that is what is causing my issues. It didn't feel particular substantial when I was removing/installing the last one. They are also not cheap either.