I’ve got a 2018 model T2290 tractor mower which needs a pulley replacement on the drive belt. Pulleys already ordered. Are there any good tips to make this laborious job go a little easier ?
Thanks … I do need to buy a manual. Do you if there a decent one available?Take before pictures as you disassemble.
Get a Workshop Manual if possible.
Ask questions here if you get stuck.
I see you've already read the other post for doing this - good luck!
Hi @Ron J , could you share some steps and tips on how to do this, any gotchas? my HST belt is making noise. How to remove the steering shaft? do I need a puller? do you have to remove the steering wheel? Also how to access the two pulleys on the idler? thanks.Finally got around to working on this machine a few days ago. Found the main culprit ... the rear mounted idler pulley seized a couple times and besides digging a deep groove in the pulley, it also ruined the main drive belt. So I am replacing all 3 pulleys and the belt. Took almost 4 hours to get everything apart. Also, totally not necessary to remove the electric clutch. Just remove a guide bracket, unplug the harness and the belt slips easily over the whole thing. Also included a picture of the other two pulleys on the clutch arm. That was a little tough to wrestle out and back in again (but is very doable) and seems the far easiest way to do those two pulleys.
Hi @Ron J , could you share some steps and tips on how to do this, any gotchas? my HST belt is making noise. How to remove the steering shaft? do I need a puller? do you have to remove the steering wheel? Also how to access the two pulleys on the idler? thanks.