L35 loader hydraulic pictures

JTL35

New member

Equipment
Kubota L35
Sep 15, 2026
6
1
3
United States
I recently bought a L35 and had new loader cylinders put on it. Now that I have it back, the loader bucket works opposite normal operation...lever to the left dumps the bucket and to the right now curls the bucket up. Also when you lower the bucket to the ground with it flat, the lever pushes to the left and begins to roll the buck down. I am hoping to find a picture of the loader and attached hydraulic lines so I can confirm the lines are in the right place. The man that did the work said that he had that problem too, but it didn't do this before I took it in.
Can the control valve do this? The control handle is much tighter since it was worked on. I also wonder if it could have been over filled when he topped off the hydraulic fluid. He has a really good reputation and I am new to tractors so I do not want to be too quick to assume he did something wrong, but something is wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
 

PoTreeBoy

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
3,954
2,456
113
WestTn/NoMs
I recently bought a L35 and had new loader cylinders put on it. Now that I have it back, the loader bucket works opposite normal operation...lever to the left dumps the bucket and to the right now curls the bucket up. Also when you lower the bucket to the ground with it flat, the lever pushes to the left and begins to roll the buck down. I am hoping to find a picture of the loader and attached hydraulic lines so I can confirm the lines are in the right place. The man that did the work said that he had that problem too, but it didn't do this before I took it in.
Can the control valve do this? The control handle is much tighter since it was worked on. I also wonder if it could have been over filled when he topped off the hydraulic fluid. He has a really good reputation and I am new to tractors so I do not want to be too quick to assume he did something wrong, but something is wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Here's mine. If he didn't work around the valve, the hoses at the cylinders are just reversed. If he replaced the short hoses between the valve and hard lines, he may have crossed them there.

The push on the joystick is from the anti-dump linkage. If it's pushing with the bucket that low, it may be connected wrong or just need adjustment. It's function is to prevent dumping a bucket load on the hood or operator when the bucket is lifted over about 4 feet.
IMG_20220903_180735801.jpg
 

JTL35

New member

Equipment
Kubota L35
Sep 15, 2026
6
1
3
United States
Here's mine. If he didn't work around the valve, the hoses at the cylinders are just reversed. If he replaced the short hoses between the valve and hard lines, he may have crossed them there.

The push on the joystick is from the anti-dump linkage. If it's pushing with the bucket that low, it may be connected wrong or just need adjustment. It's function is to prevent dumping a bucket load on the hood or operator when the bucket is lifted over about 4 feet.
View attachment 179345
Thanks. He got the hoses backwards on the cylinders.
 

JTL35

New member

Equipment
Kubota L35
Sep 15, 2026
6
1
3
United States
Now that I know that the hoses are backwards on the loader cylinders my plan is to switch them myself. My mechanic is a ways away. Any pointers? I guess my big question is will I get air in the lines that will need to be bled out and if so, how is that done? Thanks in advance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,423
11,221
113
Sandpoint, ID
Any air in the lines will purge itself within a second of running the valve, so issue there.
Don't over tighten the fittings.
 

PoTreeBoy

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
3,954
2,456
113
WestTn/NoMs
Now that I know that the hoses are backwards on the loader cylinders my plan is to switch them myself. My mechanic is a ways away. Any pointers? I guess my big question is will I get air in the lines that will need to be bled out and if so, how is that done? Thanks in advance.
Just make sure both rod end hoses come off the same hard line, same with cap end hoses.
 

Russell King

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
8,001
3,143
113
Austin, Texas
Take some care with the disconnected hoses or you will get hydraulic fluid all over the place. Also if you disconnect at the cylinders then you will probably have some fluid drip out of the cylinder port. In short have some absorbent rags and work quickly if you can. It might be very helpful to have a second set of hands to help with holding the hoses while they are disconnected. I try to put aluminum pans or make pans from foil and place them under the connections to collect the drips. Then clean up with some good spray degreaser.
 

L35

Well-known member

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
713
831
93
CT
Lower the bucket on the ground with the engine off and move the joystick in all positions to relieve any built up pressure in the system. May save a little bit of mess.
 

JTL35

New member

Equipment
Kubota L35
Sep 15, 2026
6
1
3
United States
You can go here to get the same picture: Put TL720 in as the model View attachment 179343
Here's mine. If he didn't work around the valve, the hoses at the cylinders are just reversed. If he replaced the short hoses between the valve and hard lines, he may have crossed them there.

The push on the joystick is from the anti-dump linkage. If it's pushing with the bucket that low, it may be connected wrong or just need adjustment. It's function is to prevent dumping a bucket load on the hood or operator when the bucket is lifted over about 4 feet.
View attachment 179345
Thanks again for the picture and info about the anti dump linkage. That is my latest project. I disconnected the linkage just to see if the problem persisted and it did not. It looks like the linkage is in a bind when I lower the boom with my bucket level. When you have time, could you send me a picture similar to this but from an angle that shows the linkage where it transitions from the horizontal section of the boom to the vertical. That at least gives me a baseline for what it should look like to work properly. Thanks again for the help.