Wheel weights

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was considering taking the wheel weights off the old Cub and seeing if I could adapt them to fit the orange thing. I was teling a guy at work that is suppose to be up on all this stuff, he said that since I filled the tires with anitfreeze that I shouldnt use wheel weights as it would be to much weight on the rear axels,,, my first impression was HUH???
I really dont want to build a weight box for the 3 point so I figured those wheel weights would help,, any thoughts on this???

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know the story about the grass hopper and the ant? Well i was tha ant,, i was going to pull the weights off the old tractor and see if i could make them fit,,, buttttttttt well now Im sitting here with newly restored power phone and internet service,, and snow up to my,, well you get the idea,, so they are going to have to wait untill i can get to them whrn the smow melts sometime around july,,lol,, But even with just the tires filled it made a big difference and somebody said in here some place,,, that you would run out of tracton before you ran out of motor wasnt kidding,, I am to say the least impressed with that little bx 2360.. but i still cant find any body that has put a PTO gen set on one

RDR

Equipment
M5400,B6100E,K008,L175,TG1860Diesel,JD355D,3)Leyland 154D's,YM2000,IH1466
Oct 13, 2009
Danevang, Tx.
I don't know how a 2360 compares to a 2350. TractorData.com shows the 2350 to have 17.7 pto hp. This would easily run an 8,000 watt pto generator and would probably run a 10,000 with no problem. You can find them on the internet a lot cheaper than going to a dealer. (sorry Vic) I am very cost conscious and buy the cheapest I can find as long as the quality is there.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I found some on line some 8kw's and a couple of 10'kws and the price isnt to bad, but i was talking to a guy inthe hospital this morning and he said that to get the 540 for the PTO out of his JD, he had to run it around 2500 rpm.. sounds a bit high to me but never having used a PTO before I dont know how fast it would run.
Lil brother had an old portable 5kw set at his place I went to pick after we lost power friday evening and it has run steady up till yesterday afternoon. Generators aint something you need often but man when you do,,you surely do,,lol

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I bought a 6500 watt at an auction for $200.00 about six years ago. It has run all of about an hour in the last six years. I figure its pretty cheap insurance. Buy a good generator and the power will never go out.:D:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I bought a 6500 watt at an auction for $200.00 about six years ago. It has run all of about an hour in the last six years. I figure its pretty cheap insurance. Buy a good generator and the power will never go out.:D:D Dusty
WOW! For $200.00 you stole that gen :eek:

Now as far as a gen run off a pto. I have thought about that but my power demands aren't enough to warrent running up the hours on my tractor.
So instead I bought a 5500w portable gen that I set up to tow around. My only use is for mig welder, power tools, air compressor and various other. A side binifit is I can take the gen on camping trips.

Is running up the hours on a tractor for a gen a concern for others?

Scott

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
I don't have an hour meter on mine, so I guess the hours don't count....:)

For the larger generators, I would be more concerned about getting the PTO RPM's just right, otherwise your supposed 60Hz may be way off and fry some sensitive motors or electronics.
I don't have a tach either, so I'll stick to my $400 costco gas generator.