BX MMM Detachment Issue

eth0

Equipment
BX 2680, 60" MMM, box blade
Aug 23, 2024
NKY
Greetings!

I'm a new BX2680 owner (2 weeks) and yesterday I attempted to remove the 60-inch MMM for the first time so I could install a BXpanded skid plate. I followed all the steps exactly as they are laid out by the countless YT videos I've watched and written instructions in the manual. The front removes easily enough and I can pull the pins out of the rear linkage and lock them in place. However, when I raise the 3PH, the mower still raises with it. The arms are somehow still caught up in the linkage even though the spring loaded pins are pulled back and the lock pin is set in the detent.

I've tried grabbing the arms and moving things around but they seem to be rubbing or stuck on something. Has anyone had an issue like this? The videos make it look like there's a lot of clearance and no rubbing should happen when the arms are raised. Or at least not enough to still be able to raise the MMM off the ground. I'm hesitant to put too much pressure on the arms, hit it with a mallet, or otherwise force them to detach but I'm not sure what else to do here. This appeared to be a super simple process so I'm left feeling a bit defeated.

Some details:
  • Yes, I have the MMM height set to 0 or 1 (tried both)
  • I have tried moving the casters to their highest and lowest positions to no avail
  • When I tug on the arms that drop down and attach to the mower, I can move them up and down some but not a lot. They seem to be rubbing against the small slotted pieces that the spring loaded pins go in to when it's attached.
Thanks in advance!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Don't force it get a bigger hammer. I had the same problem with mine once and I used a rubber dead blow to shock it off. Once I found what it was hanging up on I removed any burs and put a dab of grease on it to make it slide off easier next time. The deck is robust enough that you can manhandle it a bit.