What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Yesterday I used the B and the pallet forks to bring Oscar out of the barn…any guesses as to what Oscar is?
I’m not at all sure, but I’ll give it a guess.

Looks like some sort of miniature thresher. Have seen a few mini-threshers that were foot (treadle like an old sewing machine) or electric powered for processing small batches of various grains. They looked a lot like Oscar. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I’m not at all sure, but I’ll give it a guess.

Looks like some sort of miniature thresher. Have seen a few mini-threshers that were foot (treadle like an old sewing machine) or electric powered for processing small batches of various grains. They looked a lot like Oscar. 🤷‍♂️
Yep…that is what it is.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
It is an AquaTherm. This is our second one. We got 24 years out of the first one.
Thanks for the reply. I am almost to fifteen years on the Garn and this is the third leak. First leak was at just under nine years. All have been from bad welds from the factory. Getting ready to cut a hole in the side of the 2000 gallon storage tank to look for this leak.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Gave the two tractors a quick once over this morning checking fluids, torques and pressures. Then gave the M a quick wash inside and out. The L was only a bit dusty and grassy so cleaned it up with the Milwaukee blower. Picked potatoes, carrots and peas for supper tonight. Even found time for a short nap during some rain. Ain't life grand! :)

Reactions: 4 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
On Saturday I had 1 more batch of brush to pick up with the grapple.
The grapple opened, but would not close.
So, I shoved the brush pile down to the burn pile.

On inspection, I found the male hose fitting had popped out of the female fitting.
Oh, good, easy fix.
Nope. The o-ring in female was damaged.
This is the 2nd o-ring failure this summer in that fitting.

Well, the pioneer fittings got replaced with flat face fittings. I think this will fix the problem.
View attachment 133304 View attachment 133305
I see you put one male and one female on the boom, and the same on whatever attachment you're using. Sure makes it easy to NEVER hook up something backward, doesn't it?

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Methinks the shrub may have been there before the door.
I think so, it was a huisache tree and respouts readily when disturbed, which probably happened over the years. They have extensive root systems to survive the climate here. I had to break numerous tap roots before the tree itself would break free.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I see you put one male and one female on the boom, and the same on whatever attachment you're using. Sure makes it easy to NEVER hook up something backward, doesn't it?
It keeps the same function on your controls, when an attachment is disconnected or reattached. Its for your muscle memory, that's the reason for 2 different adaptors.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Watered, mowed and moved some trailers around. Topped off the UDT and coolant and torqued the wheels.

Reactions: 3 users

MotoBBQ

Equipment
L3902 w/ LA526 loader; rotary cutter; box blade
Jun 26, 2023
MN
After the 50hr service and wash, back to work. The main reason I bought the machine is to maintain dirtbike track and trails. Need to ride more, the weeds are taking over.
20240729_183604.jpg

20240729_190716.jpg
20240729_183101.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
It keeps the same function on your controls, when an attachment is disconnected or reattached. Its for your muscle memory, that's the reason for 2 different adaptors.
I did exactly the same on my 3FV connectors. I sorta point the fittings in the same direction that the oil flows to extend the cylinder on any attachments with the male connector pointing that out. I’m old, so neither my muscles nor my memory are very strong these days. 😳

beckmurph

Equipment
Kubota LX2610TLB/Woods finish mower/woods rotary cutter/
Aug 23, 2012
catlettsburg, ky
The landPride 3rd function valve came with matching flat face couplers.
When hooking those couplers back up, you never knew if the grapple would open or close like it did before.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Some equipment I have operated in the past had color coded sleeves to mate/match together.
My FEL is marked with different color dust caps, but Kubota mounted all the female connectors on the bracket on the FEL subframe, and all the males on the FEL boom. I may‘fix’ that one day with some better markers and swapping one connector on each circuit to eliminate the possibility of senior moment issues. Those hoses are hard to swap once the boom is on.

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
The landPride 3rd function valve came with matching flat face couplers.
When hooking those couplers back up, you never knew if the grapple would open or close like it did before.
I got the Summit kit and had to assemble every single piece of it. So I just put all the disconnects on the way it made sense and guaranteed I couldn’t screw it up. I still don’t like what it did to the FEL circuits but I like the functionality more than the one problem it has. The boom and curl functions stall when the 3FV stalls which causes some pretty jerky movement if I’m not paying attention. The Summit valve is not a power beyond type valve. I may yet put the original Tank line back on the FEL and get an extended banjo bolt to parallel the 3FV with the FEL functions. The grapple and the summit kit came with 6000 PSI hoses so it’s unlikely the LX will rupture any.

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
I thought the point of putting the Male connectors on the pump side is they're easier to clean than female, so when left unused/unconnected if a cap pops off and the quick-connector gets dirty it's easy to wipe clean. The Female connectors on the implement are either capped and in a fairly static storage area or connected to the tractor and self-sealed against dust/dirt/mud impregnation.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I thought the point of putting the Male connectors on the pump side is they're easier to clean than female, so when left unused/unconnected if a cap pops off and the quick-connector gets dirty it's easy to wipe clean. The Female connectors on the implement are either capped and in a fairly static storage area or connected to the tractor and self-sealed against dust/dirt/mud impregnation.
I just keep the dust caps on the fittings. They do a pretty good job of keeping the females clean because they lock in place where the ones on the male fittings tend to expand and fall off when they’re soaked in hydraulic fluid. As you say, though, easy to wipe with a rag. Worst case I shoot a little brake cleaner in the female connectors if I see dirt in/on them. Since the females are all on the way back to the tank, the filters SHOULD take care of the tractor. I prefer not blowing dirt into any part of the hydraulic system including any attachments, so I keep a can of brake cleaner handy.

Reactions: 1 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
It's best to have the male and female connections. When the attachment is not in use, the male/female connections can be mated together to keep them clean and no pressure on the cylinders.

From my experience, in regards to tractor(s) FEL hydraulics, best to hook up the lines when the fluid is cold(haha I'm in S. TX.) and the attachment is not in full sun. Once that fluid is hot and expanded it can be difficult hooking up the connectors.
I have zero issues with the skidsteer on hydraulic temperatures, the hyd manifold has built in pressure relief type system. Just have to push in the hydraulic connections inward prior to hooking up the connectors/hoses.

Last edited: