Kubota L5030 HST Starting Issue

watusi

Equipment
L5030HSC
Jun 19, 2021
Indiana
I have a 2005 Kubota L5030 HST with Cab. My son was using the tractor last week and ran over a large branch evidently. The branch managed to come up and hit the harness side plug for the Neutral Safety Switch and tore the four wires out of the plug. It also knocked the spring off of the cruise control return. to get it up and running I twisted the B/Y and the R/W together which should bypass the safety switch, and I twisted the R/I and R/B together which I believe runs to the Glow Relay. Tractor won't start. However if I jump the solenoid to the starter it starts and runs fine. I'm at a complete loss here and any help would be appreciated.
IMG_7844.jpeg
IMG_7842.jpeg

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
You said the spring came off the cruise control, if it is not all the way off, it won't start .

watusi

Equipment
L5030HSC
Jun 19, 2021
Indiana
You said the spring came off the cruise control, if it is not all the way off, it won't start .
Thanks for the reply. The spring is back on and the cruise control is all the way off and functions as it should. I will check and confirm though.

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
One side of the switch may need to be open to start and closer to move. Try to figure that out by testing the switch operation with an ohm meter.

I assume you mean won’t spin the engine using the key switch.

watusi

Equipment
L5030HSC
Jun 19, 2021
Indiana
One side of the switch may need to be open to start and closer to move. Try to figure that out by testing the switch operation with an ohm meter.

I assume you mean won’t spin the engine using the key switch.
Thanks, but I believe by twisting the B/Y and the R/W wires together I'm fulling bypassing the switch.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thanks, but I believe by twisting the B/Y and the R/W wires together I'm fulling bypassing the switch.
Yes you are bypassing the switch but both sides are closed at the same time by twisting the wires together.

The switch may have one side open and one side closed when you activate the switch and or when the switch is in the normal resting position.

The computer may need to see one side open and one side closed to allow for the starter to crank. Both wires twisted together will not provide that signal to the computer.