What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380FEL, Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon

matt-m

Equipment
2022 B2601
Mar 17, 2022
Columbus, IN
Nice weight rack. I need to do the same. Where did you find the weights ?? Thanks.
Hey g_man : At the time shop.deere.com was the best I could find them (unless you bundle with an order from Good Works Tractors.) Everywhere else was crazy money on the shipping. None of the local-ish dealers ever had anything in stock. Only option was green so bring on the paint! They came with an absurd amount of shipping stickers and tape on them so so had to wire wheel them first. Kind of a lot of effort / expense all told, but excuse to fab something, and I was not liking how light the front end would get in certain situations with the three point loaded up (flail, wood chipper, land plane, box blade). Definitely worth the peace of mind and stability.

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Finished watering the trees and then used the FDR2584 to mow 4.5 acres. Supposedly three days of rain coming so maybe I can get a break from watering.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Finished watering the trees and then used the FDR2584 to mow 4.5 acres. Supposedly three days of rain coming so maybe I can get a break from watering.
but the grass will grow and you will have to cut it again!

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have gotten to the point in my life where I don't enjoy mowing. That doesn't mean that I don't do it, but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. I recently bought a FDR1660 and it makes it a little faster, but I still am a little uncomfortable cutting the field when I drop a front wheel into a gopher hole. I am thinking of taking the front loader off and putting front weights on the tractor.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I have gotten to the point in my life where I don't enjoy mowing. That doesn't mean that I don't do it, but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. I recently bought a FDR1660 and it makes it a little faster, but I still am a little uncomfortable cutting the field when I drop a front wheel into a gopher hole. I am thinking of taking the front loader off and putting front weights on the tractor.
Opposite for me. Never cared to mow although I did appreciate the finished product. Now, it's tractor time with no phone so I get some time to unwind and not have to think. I started with 2 acres, went to 6 and then 9. Our new neighbor may want me to do his which will add another 2 acres if we come to an agreement.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
Had to adjust the linkage for the 3pt control that lifts the mower deck.....

I couldn't turn the deck height adjustment knob all the way around.... kept hitting that stop tab.

drove me nuts until I removed the deck and the left rear tire to get a good look at things....

a couple turns on the adjustment bolt and she is good-2-go again.

Gave me a chance to grease up the mower deck.... also replace the zerk that fell out of the spindle bolt.

not sure what the stock Bota thread was..... All I had was 1/4-28 zerks...... ran a tap down it and it worked fine. a little blue loctite for good measure.....

I might do a little exploratory digging today on my backyard pond/water feature fantasy.

papajoe

Equipment
L3901DT Shuttle (2017), B6100E (1978), B6100E (1979), B6100HST-E (1985), RTV500
Dec 26, 2017
Oak Grove, La.
Wife and I pulled a little sweet corn.

IMG_0039 (1).jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I stopped by the local Kubota dealer this afternoon, picked up all of the parts I'd ordered for the right side door handle, bought a Kubota hat and completed the swap. More parts to add to the scrap pile.

I'm getting the flail back on the MX this afternoon and will be cutting down some very tall Canadian thistles along the lower driveway later today.

Before.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

After

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I stopped by the local Kubota dealer this afternoon, picked up all of the parts I'd ordered for the right side door handle, bought a Kubota hat and completed the swap. More parts to add to the scrap pile.

I'm getting the flail back on the MX this afternoon and will be cutting down some very tall Canadian thistles along the lower driveway later today.

Before.

View attachment 132121

View attachment 132122

View attachment 132123

After

View attachment 132124

View attachment 132125

View attachment 132126
I did mine 2 years ago and was pissed to have to buy something that should have been there from the assembly plant, That latch that was there was crap.

MotoBBQ

Equipment
L3902 w/ LA526 loader; rotary cutter; box blade
Jun 26, 2023
MN
Mowed like everyone else has been doing. Lots of rain this year compared to the drought last 2 years.

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I did mine 2 years ago and was pissed to have to buy something that should have been there from the assembly plant, That latch that was there was crap.
I won't argue with you about that. Kubota could have added $300 to the cost of the tractor to cover the handle and I would have still bought an MX6000. I accessed the controls in the cab twice this afternoon using the right side door as I was getting the flail back on the tractor. It's a game changer and something I should have done when I bought the tractor almost 3 years ago. Better late than never I suppose.

Thanks for your thread about this upgrade. It was useful for sure.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Nice weight rack. I need to do the same. Where did you find the weights ?? Thanks.

gg
I don't know about the 70s, but I bought 42s on an Ebay store for $74 shipped. They packed em in the "it fits, it ships" box for USPS.
I gave the mailman a large bottle of Gatorade and a gift card for $20 (or whatever the max amount is legal) 😂

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I won't argue with you about that. Kubota could have added $300 to the cost of the tractor to cover the handle and I would have still bought an MX6000. I accessed the controls in the cab twice this afternoon using the right side door as I was getting the flail back on the tractor. It's a game changer and something I should have done when I bought the tractor almost 3 years ago. Better late than never I suppose.

Thanks for your thread about this upgrade. It was useful for sure.
I have added controls behind the machine to raise and lower the 3tp hitch and to control the hydraulic top link I also added a adjustable lift arm on the left side to match the one on the right with these mods I don't need to get into the tractor at all anymore to hook anything up back there. I really wish these things were options from Kubota. I wouldn't have minded paying extra to get the features I wanted.

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have added controls behind the machine to raise and lower the 3tp hitch and to control the hydraulic top link I also added a adjustable lift arm on the left side to match the one on the right with these mods I don't need to get into the tractor at all anymore to hook anything up back there. I really wish these things were options from Kubota. I wouldn't have minded paying extra to get the features I wanted.
For most implements I use a QH10 or QH15 on the 3-point so don't need to be at the rear of the cab trying to connect the lift arms and top link. That said, controls to adjust the lift arms from outside the tractor would be a nice upgrade for sure when connecting to implements that aren't QH compatible. Would you be willing to share some photos of your setup?

I saw a fairly entry level LS tractor at the local Kubota dealer a few years ago that was a trade in. It had a well-designed lever system at the rear for the lift arms. I took some photos of the linkage since I was thinking of doing something similar. I don't know why Kubota doesn't offer something similar.

ls.jpg