Good Day everyone i recently purchased a KUBOTA B3200 LA504 I wanted to know if i could put a brush hog on the front?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yes, possible, depends on how good a 'backyard bodger' you are if you have a good credit card.

Reactions: 1 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I seem to remember a thread where a fellow installed a PTO driven snowblower on his loader arms. I am not sure if he limited the travel of the loader or how exactly he handled the limited range of u-joints and pto shafts.

Anything is possible as Greensvillejay has mentioned. Does your B3200 have the optional mid pto? I think that would make the modifications a tad easier. ONE (and there would be many) of the problems of trying to run a pto driven implement on the front of your loader arms is how to articulate the pto shaft when raising or lowering the loader?

Is your main goal by putting a cutter/slasher on the loader arms to be able to elevate the loader and cut vegetation up higher than what a 3pt mounted cutter is capable? If so, a Lane Shark would be a better solution although I do not know if your tractor has sufficient hydraulic flow.

lane-shark-ls-3

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
If loader has SSQA, power a brush hog with a 20-24HP gas engine. Big benefit is it's 'self powered', can be raised ,lowered, angled as needed.
How it can be done depends on how you need it to perform, size matters of course.

Some may say ,why not use a Zeroturn ??

details, it all boils down to the details

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Aiming to try to put a brush hog in place of my bucket not sure if it's possible.
Possible , No not really.
You don't have the Hydraulic flow to drive a hydraulic powered mower.
You don't have the HP to run a Hydraulic pack to run it.
That tractor and loader is not really equipped or designed for such a heavy and awkward load.

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
curious, so googled front mounted brush hog....

just one of several being offered, though most are for bigger tractors,there may be more ,smaller ones out there. you'll have to read and compare the 'specs' to see what will work for you

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I seem to remember a thread where a fellow installed a PTO driven snowblower on his loader arms. I am not sure if he limited the travel of the loader or how exactly he handled the limited range of u-joints and pto shafts.

Anything is possible as Greensvillejay has mentioned. Does your B3200 have the optional mid pto? I think that would make the modifications a tad easier. ONE (and there would be many) of the problems of trying to run a pto driven implement on the front of your loader arms is how to articulate the pto shaft when raising or lowering the loader?

Is your main goal by putting a cutter/slasher on the loader arms to be able to elevate the loader and cut vegetation up higher than what a 3pt mounted cutter is capable? If so, a Lane Shark would be a better solution although I do not know if your tractor has sufficient hydraulic flow.

lane-shark-ls-3
The Lane Shark-3 requires 5-8.5 gpm
The B3200 is listed as having 6.7 gpm.
Perhaps a bit iffy.

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
The other day, while driving on a back road, I saw an older gentleman on a bx. He had a 10 or 15 ft pole somehow attached to the bucket extending out to the left. On the end of the pole there was a push mower with the handle removed. He was using this to clear the road side.

bsekf

Premium Member

Equipment
m5400
Jul 27, 2013
Western NY
Keep in mind the amount of debris the mower will throw back at you. Especially if you try to cut 3-4 feet in the air. You will need a substantial wire screen.