B1700

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
bought 2, one for my b2100, and one for this b1700. did not buy them from amazon though ?, got them from ebay. will update the starting issue once i get them installed.
I added one to my B1700 as well. You get a voltage drop through the safety switches over time. They ohm out good but you have less than 12v to that starter solenoid. New switches were 60-80 each so the solenoid is the way to go. No starting issues since adding it on mine.

Reactions: 1 user

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
I added one to my B1700 as well. You get a voltage drop through the safety switches over time. They ohm out good but you have less than 12v to that starter solenoid. New switches were 60-80 each so the solenoid is the way to go. No starting issues since adding it on mine.
waiting on the switches now, i've done everything i knew to do to stop this '' no cranking '' '' clicking '' sound ?, i hope this solves it !.

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
update: got some more cleaning of parts, painted them, then i was able to get the loader mounted back in the support brackets. still have to get some hydro lines hooked up, then i need to see where its leaking on the joy stick connections ?, it leaked pretty bad once i got it parked in the back yard, sitting, noticed it was leaking a lot. will check all that out.

Attachments

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
update; ok, got a few things done these past couple days, got the joy stick all apart from the mounting plate, PO, or someone ?..thought it was a good idea to use a very large quick connector on one of the fittings?, and used a pipe reducer at that !. seems they had one of the lines replaced from the loader, and did not measure the correct size fitting to attach to joy stick control ?..lol. sooo..off to the kubota dealer to buy all new connections for both the joy stick control, and the lines coming from the loader. got all those. pulled the mess from the joy stick control, replaced all the o-rings under the quick connectors that screw into the control unit. then went out to my b2100, replaced all the quick connectors on the lines.

Ran into a slight issue with the bucket not curling without bogging engine down ?, looked the fich up on messick's to see where i messed up ?. easy fix..i had the lines coming from the hydro line backwards, a couple min's swapping them around, bucket now works correctly without bogging engine down.

Also got the starter helper switches in today, just got done installing them both on my b2100, and the b1700, both of them start so much easier now !. time will tell how long they last. here's some pic's of the joy stick unit before i tore it apart, and fixed it right. pic of the relay, and also a pic of the lines the way they should be hooked up on the hydro line in case anyone goes to hook a loader up on these compact tractors, and does not know where to connect the lines.

Attachments