M8200 Clutch slipping?

Musketeer

Equipment
M8200, rtv900, B6000
Jun 8, 2024
Kentucky
New to the forum. I have a M8200 that appears the clutch is slipping. A few days ago the tractor quite moving and I thought the clutch was out. The hydraulic fluid was low so after adding hydraulic fluid the tractor started operating normal. I have used it probably 30 hours since adding the hydraulic fluid. Today it started slipping again. No noticeable indications of failed clutch such as burnt smell and still have pretty good clutch pedal travel. My question, should I be looking at the clutch or is there something else? Would the shuttle cause the slipping? Thanks

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
New to the forum. I have a M8200 that appears the clutch is slipping. A few days ago the tractor quite moving and I thought the clutch was out. The hydraulic fluid was low so after adding hydraulic fluid the tractor started operating normal. I have used it probably 30 hours since adding the hydraulic fluid. Today it started slipping again. No noticeable indications of failed clutch such as burnt smell and still have pretty good clutch pedal travel. My question, should I be looking at the clutch or is there something else? Would the shuttle cause the slipping? Thanks
First thing is for you to tell us the complete model number of your tractor as there are 8 different M8200 versions.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'll second what @whitetiger said, if you don't know the complete model number provide the serial number and we can tell you what it is. ;)

Musketeer

Equipment
M8200, rtv900, B6000
Jun 8, 2024
Kentucky

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Your tractor has a mechanical gear shuttle, so the slippage must be the dry clutch mounted to the flywheel
Do you have any free play at the clutch pedal?

Musketeer

Equipment
M8200, rtv900, B6000
Jun 8, 2024
Kentucky
Your tractor has a mechanical gear shuttle, so the slippage must be the dry clutch mounted to the flywheel
Do you have any free play at the clutch pedal?
There is some free play not excessive. I will proceed with replacing the clutch. Thanks for the information.

Reactions: 1 user