Tire came off the rim

Erz16

Equipment
Kubota B7500 tractor
Dec 23, 2022
Missouri
It’s a Kubota B7500. Tire was filled with liquid calcium and it came off the rim and lost all the liquid. Question is, will I be able to take it off and have a Kubota dealer put the tire back on the rim and fill it up with air? Using no more calcium in the tire. Then have then do the same to the other tire still on it’s rim? For a short period of time can I have one with calcium and one without?
CAAAF679-1FE3-42A2-AD12-D6A693E70A6B.jpeg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yes, yes, yes...
will need to wash tire/rim very ,very well.... should pass the lick test
I've run loaded/unloaded rears for years, just 'plying' on 10 acres though,serious farming you might see a difference though.

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You don’t need to go to the Kubota dealer, if you have a large tire shop in your area. If so, they can do the job probably more efficiently than the tractor dealer and might even be cheaper…

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
You don’t need to go to the Kubota dealer, if you have a large tire shop in your area. If so, they can do the job probably more efficiently than the tractor dealer and might even be cheaper…
Yep. Many tractor dealers actually send their tire-work out to tire shops.

That calcium is nasty, corrosive stuff. Wash ..wash…wash..that wheel/rim….then wipe it down with a rag soaked in WD40…before re-seating the tire. (Low tire pressure is likely the reason for it coming off the wheel initially... Check pressures often… especially with loaded tires.) ;)

Reactions: 3 users

Erz16

Equipment
Kubota B7500 tractor
Dec 23, 2022
Missouri
yes, yes, yes...
will need to wash tire/rim very ,very well.... should pass the lick test
I've run loaded/unloaded rears for years, just 'plying' on 10 acres though,serious farming you might see a difference though.
I’m in the same situation. Use it to move things around and rake a gravel road. Nothing too crazy. I’m guessing the condition of the rim plays a part? Hopefully the calcium didn’t rust it out too bad.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I would try to get the rim cleaned up before you go too far in the repair.

Them rim will rust through in time from the calcium carbonate.

I guess you could just fill it with water for the summer and let the usage of the tractor help clean it up and then get it cleaned better in the winter months.

Or I would have the tire removed and clean it and paint it now then put the tire back on.

Erz16

Equipment
Kubota B7500 tractor
Dec 23, 2022
Missouri
Yep. Many tractor dealers actually send their tire-work out to tire shops.

That calcium is nasty, corrosive stuff. Wash ..wash…wash..that wheel/rim….then wipe it down with a rag soaked in WD40…before re-seating the tire. (Low tire pressure is likely the reason for it coming off the wheel initially... Check pressures often… especially with loaded tires.) ;)
So next step is to remove the tire from the rim?

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
I had no water and mine did that was low on air, I jacked it up and put a strap around the tire and took stem out and filled it with air. But as others said this is the time to remove the tire and hose it down and clean it thoroughly and paint the rim.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'd find a local tire shop who will dismount the tire from the wheel. Get it clean, inside tire and wheel, and reinstall. You can probably find a small shop who will let you help clean the wheel if you offer. Then you can get it to your satisfaction and save them time.

I kind of remember reading about using vinegar to clean calcium chloride from steel. Maybe you could rinse out the tire and wheel real good with water, and if the tire is off the wheel and the wheel is not full of rust just with it real generously with a rag soaked in vinegar.

Reactions: 1 user