Kubota LX3310 Cab AC Went Out

carr5600

Equipment
2021 LX3310 with Cab and grapple
Oct 12, 2021
Central Florida
Hello,
Does anyone know if my kubota insurance cover fixing the ac? My tractor was delivered November 2021, so I’ve had it for two and half years. My dealer did maintenance on the tractor a couple of times. But i am here in orlando florida and the temperatures have been in the 90’s luckily the humidity level haven’t been as high as in the summer months. I use the tractor mainly to muck horses and cow stalls and dumping in compost bins. I paid for the kubota insurance but i never received anything on the insurance other than my orange package. So does anyone know of this is something thats covered?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
No, not unless something like in an accident or peril that caused it to not work, like a jammed a stick through the AC condenser, an alligator chewed up the AC lines, or one of your latest hurricanes drowned it.

KTAC does not cover mechanical breakdowns.

That is either a Kubota warranty issue ( if it's in warranty ) or you'll have to pay out of pocket.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

carr5600

Equipment
Oct 12, 2021
Central Florida
No, not unless something like in an accident or peril that caused it to not work, like a jammed a stick through the AC condenser, an alligator chewed up the AC lines, or one of your latest hurricanes drowned it.

That is either a Kubota warranty issue ( if it's in warranty ) or you'll have to pay out of pocket.
Thanks
By

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa

Or put a stick through the condenser 🤷

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
What exactly is going on with your AC? A little more information about what exactly is happening and people can give you advice on how to proceed. Sometimes it’s a simple fix that you can do yourself. Other times it requires someone who is trained on AC’s.

Reactions: 1 users

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hello,
Does anyone know if my kubota insurance cover fixing the ac? My tractor was delivered November 2021, so I’ve had it for two and half years. My dealer did maintenance on the tractor a couple of times. But i am here in orlando florida and the temperatures have been in the 90’s luckily the humidity level haven’t been as high as in the summer months. I use the tractor mainly to muck horses and cow stalls and dumping in compost bins. I paid for the kubota insurance but i never received anything on the insurance other than my orange package. So does anyone know of this is something thats covered?
I agree with BAP. Could be something simple save you a whole lot of money. Being a 2021 shouldn’t have enough hours for anything to be wrong. Check the belt tension, it will have its own belt that runs the compressor. Also check that that compressor clutch is working correctly, it will have 3 round rivet looking pieces on it. When you push the a/c those should be spinning. If not locate your fuse. Might be simple fix also check your condenser could be dusty/ plugged

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
No AC cooling could be caused by clogged condenser or low refrigerant or loose AC compressor belt to name a few of the simple reasons.

carr5600

Equipment
Oct 12, 2021
Central Florida
What exactly is going on with your AC? A little more information about what exactly is happening and people can give you advice on how to proceed. Sometimes it’s a simple fix that you can do yourself. Other times it requires someone who is trained on AC’s.
So just noticed today when I put the throttle on high rpm the AC starts to blow hot air when I place it back on low it gets cold again. What could be causing that?

Last edited:

number two

Equipment
B3030HSDC L2501HST
Mar 26, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
Moisture in the A/C system can cause freeze-ups.
A/C work in challenging environments like Florida require careful evacuation/recharge procedures.
Perhaps a evacuation,replacement of the receiver/dryer,and a recharge is needed?
Good Luck-it's hot out there!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
So just noticed today when I put the throttle on high rpm the AC starts to blow hot air when I place it back on low it gets cold again. What could be causing that?
Pinch off the heater line coming off the engine block and run it. See if that changes anything. Heater valves leaking by are a chronic problem with tractor of all brands in the AC system. When the heater valve leaks by, it causes the AC system to not work properly and basically shut down. The heater valve is in the cab and the easiest solution to fix it is to put a shut off valve in the line near the engine block. You can pinch it off using a couple of small pieces of something flat and a pair of vise grips. Run it for an hour or two and see what happens.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

carr5600

Equipment
Oct 12, 2021
Central Florida
Pinch off the heater line coming off the engine block and run it. See if that changes anything. Heater valves leaking by are a chronic problem with tractor of all brands in the AC system. When the heater valve leaks by, it causes the AC system to not work properly and basically shut down. The heater valve is in the cab and the easiest solution to fix it is to put a shut off valve in the line near the engine block. You can pinch it off using a couple of small pieces of something flat and a pair of vise grips. Run it for an hour or two and see what happens.
Ok thanks. I will try that.

carr5600

Equipment
Oct 12, 2021
Central Florida
Report back what you find out.
So it did not work but found the problem. After the engine starts to heat up or when it’s really warm out there was a high pitch noise which I thought was probably a belt. It was the AC clutch on the compressor turning off. So off to replace that now.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It might be cycling off and on because of pressures exceeding the values of the switch on the compressor. Modern air compressors have high and low-pressure sensors mounted in the system. You need to properly diagnose the system to know for certain exactly what is the problem before you start replacing parts. It can be as simple as a dirt-clogged condenser or evaporator coil. Have you put a set of air conditioning service gauges on the system, and if so, what are the readings? You are not the first person to have air conditioning problems on a tractor, so learn from others and read all the posts on these forums to learn.

carr5600

Equipment
Oct 12, 2021
Central Florida
It might be cycling off and on because of pressures exceeding the values of the switch on the compressor. Modern air compressors have high and low-pressure sensors mounted in the system. You need to properly diagnose the system to know for certain exactly what is the problem before you start replacing parts. It can be as simple as a dirt-clogged condenser or evaporator coil. Have you put a set of air conditioning service gauges on the system, and if so, what are the readings? You are not the first person to have air conditioning problems on a tractor, so learn from others and read all the posts on these forums to learn.
Yes the guages were place on it yesterday. The low side was reading 50 psi and it jumped to 70 every time the clutch stopped while the engine was running. The high side stayed at 240/250 psi the entire time. When I drove it the high pitch would get louder and the AC would start to blow hot air again.